Windows 10: Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode

Discus and support Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have read EVERY thread and tried every tutorial given by Microsoft on them amd I cannot get into my computer. Left for a meeting and it was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by esmommy2, Nov 21, 2019.

1. esmommy2 Win User

Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode

I have read EVERY thread and tried every tutorial given by Microsoft on them amd I cannot get into my computer.

Left for a meeting and it was updating

-Come back and it says "Something happened and your pin isnt available. Click to set up your pin again"

-click setup pin again amd it says I need to download an app from the app store, click yes. Pop up flashes off and we are back to sign in screen.

-go to sign in with password, tells me password is wrong.... it's the same as it's been for years. Try it a dozen times making sure caps is off etc. No dice

-click forgot my pw, says just a moment and flashes back to sign in screen

-go on my phone and sign into my Microsoft account (so clearly the pw was right....) change pw

-still cannot sign in and realize the comp isndisplaying airplane mode w no other option. I have a hardwired fiber line not wifi.

-unplug ethernet replay after restart etc etc

-tried every advanced option scenario and ALL of them ask for pw at some pt

-tried boot media repair comp, ASKS FOR PW

-tried boot media command prompt since advanced options wont do cp without password, none of the tutorials work all the resets say access denied

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

I cant do anything about my pw since it's in airplane mode and I CANNOT wipe this computer i have tons of files i cannot lose.

This is insane. Please HELP ME

:)

esmommy2, Nov 21, 2019

2. airplane mode

Hi Josette,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's airplane mode can occur due to several reasons, such as corrupted system files. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? When did the issue start?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Is the option to turn off airplane mode grayed out?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Nov 21, 2019
  3. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode

Airplane mode switch not working

My Windows 10 laptop is stuck in airplane mode. When I go into settings and turn airplane mode off, my computer immediately turns it back on.

Things I've tried that didn't work:

• Restarting my computer
    • Turning on Wi-Fi
    • Checking the wireless network adapter
    • Restarting Windows Explorer

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 15, if that helps.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

concernedAndFranklyInfuriatedUser, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode

1. Pin and PW not working , computer in airplane mode - Similar Threads - Pin working computer

2. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode hotkey not working: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm facing an issue with the airplane mode hotkey F7 on my Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop. After performing a clean restore, the hotkey has stopped functioning. I've searched for suitable drivers on the Lenovo website...
  3. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode hotkey not working: Hello Microsoft Community,I'm facing an issue with the airplane mode hotkey F7 on my Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop. After performing a clean restore, the hotkey has stopped functioning. I've searched for suitable drivers on the Lenovo website...
  4. Airplane mode hotkey not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  6. Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airplane mode shortcut not working and airplane mode is grayed out: Before, airplane mode was grayed out but Fn + PrtScr worked to toggle it.Then, I disabled the Airplane Mode Switch Collection in device management, turned WLAN Autoconfig back on, enabled WiFi adapter in control panel, restarted the laptop, and then airplane wasn't grayed out...
  7. Locked out: PIN will not work until PW entered. PW not recognized.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out: PIN will not work until PW entered. PW not recognized.: Due to recurring issues with updates, I partially reset my PC kept my files, restored to original set up. This was a last resort after following about 6-7 different methods of trying to correct the issue. After this was done, my PIN would not work until I entered my PW but he...
  8. airplane mode locked on start up screen pin# not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    airplane mode locked on start up screen pin# not working: i updated to the most recent form of windows and then did a command prompt which restarted the system in safe mode and now not only can i not turn off airplane mode but the computer will not accept either my pin# or my MSA password as a result I’m unable to access my...
  9. computer in airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer in airplane mode: stuck in airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-in-airplane-mode/8ecf36f5-a59e-400d-9c41-c0b69130c073
  10. Wifi Working in Airplane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Working in Airplane mode: [ATTACH] Even if I turn on Airplane mode ,My wifi works and i have access to internet. The time I am writing about this problem, my Airplane mode is switched on but still I can use internet through wifi. I need a permanent solution of this problem....