Windows 10: pin apps to specific virtual desktop?

Discus and support pin apps to specific virtual desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I haven't used Windows in years but have just gotten one of those tiny Intel NUC things and installed Windows 10 pro on it. I'm glad to see Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sakus, Jul 15, 2020.

1. /u/sakus Win User

pin apps to specific virtual desktop?

I haven't used Windows in years but have just gotten one of those tiny Intel NUC things and installed Windows 10 pro on it.

I'm glad to see Windows finally has an OK virtual desktop system, but is there a way to pin specific software to a specific desktop? Let's say I wanted to pin, say, Chrome to desktop 2. Now whenever I start Chrome, it would open in desktop 2 instead of which ever desktop I have active at the time.

I'm used to setting up my work environment so that I have quite many desktops and I know which one has which programs open and they never stray to other desktops unless I specifically want to move them around myself.

Tried googling and seems that it's not possible without using some 3rd party apps but wanted to check. And if I need a 3rd party app, any suggestions for lightweight ones that won't bring any unnecessary problems?

submitted by /u/sakus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sakus, Jul 15, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 15, 2020
  4. pin apps to specific virtual desktop?

Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Original Title: Desktop specific icons in taskbar

I use two virtual desktops at least. One for my stuff, second strictly for work. I want to have different set of apps pinned on the taskbar there. Is it possible?

Vítězslav Ferko, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

pin apps to specific virtual desktop?

1. pin apps to specific virtual desktop? - Similar Threads - pin apps specific

2. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  3. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  4. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor: What I want to do is: I have setup 3 virtual desktops, and I have 3 monitors - my laptop, 1 viewsonic and 1 hanns monitors. So I want to have each desktop assigned to specific monitor always. When I switch to that desktop, it should automatically open on the assigned monitor....
  6. Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops

Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops: Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to set my apps to open in particular virtual desktops. Desired effect: When I run the following apps, I'd like for them to open only in their designated vitrual desktops. E.x. I'd like for my Spotify to open only in Virtual Desktop 5,...
  7. Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?

Is it possible to assign a specific app to a specific desktop?: When using multidesktop, I can assign Microsoft Word to desktop #2. But then if I scroll to desktop #3, and if I open another Microsoft Word document, it will place it into desktop #3. I am curious if it is possible to limit certain apps to certain desktops. submitted by...
  8. Chrome forces tabs into a specific virtual desktop

Chrome forces tabs into a specific virtual desktop: Situation: I have 3 virtual desktops, with various numbers of Chrome Windows/tabs spread amongst all 3 desktops. There are also other programs running. Problem: On desktop 3, whenever I drag a tab out of a Chrome window to create a new, separate window for that tab, Windows...
  9. Two monitors with virtual desktop, can i configure app to open in specific monitor/desktop?

Two monitors with virtual desktop, can i configure app to open in specific monitor/desktop?: Hi friends, i have two monitors with 2 virtual desktop, name this this way each screen Screen 1 (monitor 1 virtual desktop 1) Screen 2 (monitor 1 virtual desktop 2) Screen 3 (monitor 2 virtual desktop 1) Screen 4 (monitor 2 virtual desktop 2) can i configure app to...
  10. Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop

Assigning Application to Specific Virtual Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-virtual-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557