Windows 10: Pin bypass

Discus and support Pin bypass in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So, I have a 4+ yr old laptop that I just bothered to power up since I bought a new charging cord. It had either windows 7 or 8. On startup it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MrBono33, Dec 20, 2020.

1. MrBono33 Win User

Pin bypass

So, I have a 4+ yr old laptop that I just bothered to power up since I bought a new charging cord.

It had either windows 7 or 8.

On startup it asked me for my PIN, well its been too long and I forgot it. There was also an option to login with my Microsoft account. Being that I still use that account I went that route.

So, I realized that I needed to update to windows 10 and I did just that.

Problem is, on startup it asks me for my PIN and I don't know that. To make matters worse when I click the "I forgot my pin" link, it brings up the Microsoft account page but every time it says "something went wrong, please try again later"

I'm no computer wizard but I feel that I need to complete the install of windows 10 to be able to link my Microsoft account but I can't do that because I don't know my pin and I can't reset that.

Is there any work around? And yes I'm connected to the internet

:)

MrBono33, Dec 20, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

Bypass PIN at Log In

I did a second install of Win 10, dual boot with my old Win 10 install that will eventually just be for recording. The new install will become my "operational" Win 10.

On my old install it is logged in with my Microsoft account and I have it bypassed via netplwiz. On the new install it forced me to set a PIN for log in. I can't find info on how to bypass the PIN like was done with netplwiz for the Microsoft account. Is there a procedure to bypass the PIN?

fireberd, Dec 20, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Dec 20, 2020
  4. fdm2000 Win User

Pin bypass

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Pin bypass

1. Pin bypass - Similar Threads - Pin bypass

2. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?: I got a new desktop computer last year and setup facial recognition to login to Windows. All of a sudden the facial recognition stopped and I'm getting the message "Your PIN is required to sign in". I use my normal pin but it is not accepting it and I can't login to my...
  3. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?: I got a new desktop computer last year and setup facial recognition to login to Windows. All of a sudden the facial recognition stopped and I'm getting the message "Your PIN is required to sign in". I use my normal pin but it is not accepting it and I can't login to my...
  4. How do I bypass "Your PIN is required to sign in"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?: I am trying to connect to any device and its asking for a pin its working fine when connecting to a phonemobile but its asking for a pin and i have already tried 0000,1111,1234,1212,2121,etc but nothing worked its saying that pin didn't work try again so i want to completely...
  6. can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?

can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?: I am trying to connect to any device and its asking for a pin its working fine when connecting to a phonemobile but its asking for a pin and i have already tried 0000,1111,1234,1212,2121,etc but nothing worked its saying that pin didn't work try again so i want to completely...
  7. can you bypass the pin system in windows bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop: Good afternoon,I have a new HP laptop. When I add my email and password to log in, the next step is to create a pin.I click next to create a pin and receive the following message "Something went wrong ... We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  9. How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop: Good afternoon,I have a new HP laptop. When I add my email and password to log in, the next step is to create a pin.I click next to create a pin and receive the following message "Something went wrong ... We weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this...
  10. How can I bypass the PIN to access my laptop