Windows 10: PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

Discus and support PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently Windows has required me to change my pin 3 times in the last 4 months. I had a PIN I liked forever and I used it. Then, I sign in and get a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MattDoty1, Dec 21, 2021.

1. MattDoty1 Win User

PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

Recently Windows has required me to change my pin 3 times in the last 4 months. I had a PIN I liked forever and I used it. Then, I sign in and get a notification saying, "Your organization requires you to change your PIN to 6 digits." I did not want to do this, but I was forced too. Today it forced me to change my pin AGAIN! I have looked this question up and it comes up with solutions only for Windows 10 PRO or Enterprise. I am on Windows 10 Home so I do not have the group policy editor to change the PIN complexity requirements. I only have one account signed in that I use and it has admin pr

:)

MattDoty1, Dec 21, 2021

2. Organization requires changing PIN

I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal computer and I am the only user on it. I have tried the solutions on other questions, but none of them
    have worked. I cannot find the setting to change this anywhere on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WillSouza1, Dec 21, 2021
  3. link8822 Win User
    "your organization requires you to change your pin" and "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

This is the 2nd time this happened and now it's back. This is all on my personal laptop. Windows uses my personal microsoft account

First time it happened (around July 22):

About a month or two ago, I got the pin change message. I was confused because my organization should not be accessing any of my Windows account. That said, MS Office 365 is associated with my University's outlook account. Not sure if it matters,
    but my uni is based in London. My PC (and me) are in USA.

I change my pin and immediately after, my PC starts doing a full windows reset with everything wiped.

O had to contact Microsoft chat support a few times. Ultimately, they had to reinstall windows and promised it'd not happen again.

This time (Tues, Sept. 1)

I log in with my pin and I get the "your organization requires you to change your pin" today.

Recent events that happened:

1) I paired my bluetooth headphones to my computer today. (i connected fine but this is where I saw "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization"

2) I earlier contacted MS Support Sunday about OneDrive creating an empty duplicate folder (minor issue that I didnt finish fixing yet).

I am not changing my pin because I'm afraid it will reset my computer again and I don't want to do that. I don't want the support agent messing around and going through the whole reinstalling windows solutions because it seems to be coming back anyway.

What I tried so far:

• I tried Andre's response on
      this thread
      . I failed because option 1) the NGC folder I got a message saying I don't have access to it and it says "you do not have permissions to view this object's security properties, even as an administraor", and option 2) when switching to a local
      account and back, I log out back in & again it says I need my organization requires a new pin (i.e. doesnt fix the problem)
    • I also tried a handful of GP edit suggestions from other threads here. None worked.
    • I also tried this Mike P's suggestion
      here
      (accidentally misreading password as pin)

I'm hoping I can get this resolved because it seems like the full windows reinstallation did not even work. (I'm guessing because the reinstallation of my MS Office or my OneDrive account is the cause??)

I know a Rubiks cube is prob easier to solve but can anyone help with this?

link8822, Dec 21, 2021
  4. PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

Organization changing Windows Hello PIN settings

I have been signing on to my laptop (running Windows 10) with a PIN for a year, but after I installed Microsoft Office through my university, it forced me to change my PIN to something overly complex, saying my organization required it. Now when I try
    to change/re-enable my PIN, it says Windows Hello is unavailable. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that when I installed Office through my university, it asked me if I would allow my organization to change settings on my device, and I allowed
    it. I want to undo this, because it's driving me crazy, but can't figure out how. I've already tried disabling 'Use Windows Hello For Business' in the local group policy editor, which doesn't seem to have done anything at all. How can I revoke an organization's
    control over my laptop's settings?

darthinator, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

1. PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - PIN change required

2. 'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements: I had linked my school email to my home computer, but did not realize that it would take control of my passcode settings. I have since removed the school from my accounts, restarted my computer, and I still can't get rid of that setting. I am unable to log onto Microsoft help...
  3. 'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Organization' settings preventing PIN change requirements: I had linked my school email to my home computer, but did not realize that it would take control of my passcode settings. I have since removed the school from my accounts, restarted my computer, and I still can't get rid of that setting. I am unable to log onto Microsoft help...
  4. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change": When I log into Windows 11 Home edition I use a pin. After a few weeks it will prompt me to change my pin and shows "Organization requires pin change". This is a personal computer and there is no organization, I do not want to have to change my pin every few weeks. I have...
  5. Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pin says "Organization requires pin change": When I log into Windows 11 Home edition I use a pin. After a few weeks it will prompt me to change my pin and shows "Organization requires pin change". This is a personal computer and there is no organization, I do not want to have to change my pin every few weeks. I have...
  6. PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home: Recently Windows has required me to change my pin 3 times in the last 4 months. I had a PIN I liked forever and I used it. Then, I sign in and get a notification saying, "Your organization requires you to change your PIN to 6 digits." I did not want to do this, but I was...
  7. PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN change required by organization on Windows 10 Home: Recently Windows has required me to change my pin 3 times in the last 4 months. I had a PIN I liked forever and I used it. Then, I sign in and get a notification saying, "Your organization requires you to change your PIN to 6 digits." I did not want to do this, but I was...
  8. Organization requires that you change your pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires that you change your pin: Hi. I keep getting an error message stating "organization requires that you change your pin", however, this is a personal laptop and I do not work for an organization. Thank you...
  9. "Your Organization Requires You To Change Your Pin" in Windows 10 Home

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Your Organization Requires You To Change Your Pin" in Windows 10 Home: I have had my desktop going on close to 2 years now and had the same PIN for all that time until a few months ago when I was prompted to change it because my "Organization Requires" me to change it. There is no "Organization" that operates this computer. After changing it...
  10. Organization requires changing PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Organization requires changing PIN: I am currently having an issue with being forced to change my pin. The prompt states that it is my organization that requires this. This is my personal computer and I am the only user on it. I have tried the solutions on other questions, but none of them have worked. I cannot...