Windows 10: Pin change

Discus and support Pin change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I cannot access my computer, it is not accepting my password. I clicked on forgot password buy the same screen is still showingand its stuck on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kemberlyjones, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Pin change

I cannot access my computer, it is not accepting my password. I clicked on forgot password buy the same screen is still showingand its stuck on airplane mode. What do I do

:)

kemberlyjones, Apr 30, 2019

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 30, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Pin change

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Pin change

1. Pin change - Similar Threads - Pin change

2. Some settings are managed by ''my'' organisation and they require to change my PIN. How do...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some settings are managed by ''my'' organisation and they require to change my PIN. How do...: Hi, I was getting this message when I log in: ''your organization requires you to change your PIN'' I dont understand why I need to do this because this my own pc, in fact, I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. I was used to my PIN for a long time and would like to keep...
  3. How to change windows 10 pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change windows 10 pin: I forgot my windows 10 pin ,and dont have access help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-10-pin/7d8404c3-20d5-402f-9746-fab870c2cb3f
  4. How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...: So here is what going on? I recently got Windows 10 Pro laptop. On Windows 7 PC I was able to pin IE-11 shortcut to taskbar, but Windows 10 gives no such option. [ATTACH] Steps I tried as workaround is I opened same website in MS Edge and pinned it to the taskbar, but...
  5. How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account?

How do I reset or change my pin for my Microsoft Account?: Change for my Microsoft Account My Pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-or-change-my-pin-for-my-microsoft/829535ea-4a3f-47fe-a97b-3e4f3c80912d"
  6. Windows 10 won't accept another user's (admin) pin, so I cannot change my account from a...

Windows 10 won't accept another user's (admin) pin, so I cannot change my account from a...: My brother sold me his laptop when he upgraded, because it's still a very nice laptop. His account is the admin, and I have been trying to get in and change my account from a standard user to an Admin. Up until now, his pin has worked just fine to help me download and install...
  7. I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".

I am being prompted to change my pin because of "my organization".: I have owned my laptop for several years, it has never been a work computer or had any organization work on it. Yesterday when I went to enter my pin I was prompted that I needed to change my pin because of my organization and the pin requirements are for a longer pin. I have...
  8. Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN

Windows 10 Home just updated, now telling me my organisation requires me to change my PIN: I shut down my Windows 10 Home laptop earlier. When I rebooted, it told me my organisation requires me to change my PIN and will no longer allow me to use the old one. This is my personal laptop and I am the sole user. Why has it done this? HOw do I stop it from doing this?...
  9. How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365

How to change desktop windows 10 pin security from 6 to 4? Office365: I have office365 and set up our workstations to authenticate with our office365 accounts for login. However we are forced to use a 6 digit pin "based on the organization's security requirements". I cannot find where in my o365 portal to change this. Any ideas? Thanks...
  10. PIN problems - can't change it

PIN problems - can't change it: I don't remember my PIN, so I clicked "Forgot PIN" and went through the verification process with my username and password. Every time I try this I get an error message that says "Oops! Something went wrong. Try again later." It's later, and I've tried again and again....