Windows 10: "PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd

Discus and support "PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'm posting here because after recover my dualboot installation, I tryed, because Windows was not working so fine, a CHKDSK command. This... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vsilaire, Jun 8, 2021 at 2:42 AM.

1. vsilaire Win User

"PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd

Hi everyone! I'm posting here because after recover my dualboot installation, I tryed, because Windows was not working so fine, a CHKDSK command. This completly blocked my whole Windows installation (I also tryed to update before everything happens). I would like to be able to the DISM commands (like /cleanup-image and /restore-health), but the only acces to the command prompt that I have for now is from my USB stick, which doesn't allow at the most of DISM commands. From my login screen, the unique option I can see (except reboot and shutdown), is the one that asks me if I want to find an application on the Windows store. If I say yes, it just loads a moment, and nothing happens. I'm the only user of the Windows installation. I precise I also have access to the filesystem from my Linux installation, if any manipulation would be possible to resolve this. I also tryed from safe mode, but in my case it doesn't allow anything more than in the normal mode. I have a lot of software pretty complicated to install (like VSTs) on this installation so I don't want to have to do it once again, for this reason I would like to avoid a complete reinstall, moreover that this installation is a recent one. Thank you very much in advance for your help guys!

:)

2. Erik A R Win User

Login-conflict: Use PIN-code - but PIN-code is not available...

I have set up my brand new Lenovo today - scanning fingerprint and making a PIN-code.

But now I can not login - the computer rejects my fingerprint, telling me to use my PIN-code. It then tells me that my PIN-code is no longer available due to a change of security setup on my unit. And that I can configure my PIN-code again through setup
    - which I can not login to...

What to do?

3. PIN no longer available

I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings

andrewandJennifercousineau, Jun 8, 2021 at 2:43 AM
  4. Puds138 Win User

pin no longer available

Pin no longer available message on start up. Tells me to go to settings etc. How do you go to settings when you can't get past the start up screen?

Thema:

1. "PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd - Similar Threads - PIN code longer

2. Your pin is no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your pin is no longer available: I changed my security setting from my yahoo email that I am not using for a decade to my phone number and now after two weeks windows has locked me out saying "your pin is no longer available due to a change in security setting on this device" it asks me to set up pin and...
  3. PIN No Longer Available - How Hosed Is This?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PIN No Longer Available - How Hosed Is This?: My son's newly set up (as in a few days ago) laptop announced this morning that "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in security settings...." and prompts him to log in with his password instead. Apparently this is something that can happen if MS, in their wisdom,...
  4. Your pin is no longer available

Your pin is no longer available: Buenas noches, mi pc no me permite iniciar secion con mi pin, "Your pin is no longer available due to change to the security settings on this device. Your can set up your pin again by going to settings accounts sign in options" Alguien me puede ayudar?...
  5. PIN is no longer available - security settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PIN is no longer available - security settings: After finishing the installationons for my new laptop, I want to start Instead of a login option the system showed this message: "The PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings of this device." No option is offered to sign in to the device, so...
  6. Pin no longer available.

Pin no longer available.: Set up my new acer laptop running windows 10 with a pin. Shut down for the night and now it won't let me sign in Says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. But I can't actually get into the computer to change any...
  7. Sign in using Pin no longer available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in using Pin no longer available: Hi, I got a new Windows 10 Home laptop. During set up it asked me to input a Pin as a sign in option. For the first day of use it defaulted to the Pin as a sign in option. After that it did a BIOS update. Since then, it prompts to sign in using password only. On another...
  8. PIN no longer available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN no longer available: No search box to even get to settings. cant do anything. Any advice. Pin no longer available due to change in security settings it says?? I didnt change anything just got laptop 2 days ago cant even use it...
  9. PIN no longer available

PIN no longer available: I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-available/6765f1d7-7d65-4368-999f-98b83dd784e2
  10. Pin no longer available

Pin no longer available: we ought my mom a new computer and set it up. The next day we tried to open it and a screen comes up and says pin is no loner avaialbe due to change in security settings. It says to go to sett8ngs account sign in options but we canr even get there. What do we do?...