Windows 10: "PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd

Discus and support "PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'm posting here because after recover my dualboot installation, I tryed, because Windows was not working so fine, a CHKDSK command. This... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vsilaire, Jun 8, 2021.

1. vsilaire Win User

"PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd

Hi everyone! I'm posting here because after recover my dualboot installation, I tryed, because Windows was not working so fine, a CHKDSK command. This completly blocked my whole Windows installation (I also tryed to update before everything happens). I would like to be able to the DISM commands (like /cleanup-image and /restore-health), but the only acces to the command prompt that I have for now is from my USB stick, which doesn't allow at the most of DISM commands. From my login screen, the unique option I can see (except reboot and shutdown), is the one that asks me if I want to find an application on the Windows store. If I say yes, it just loads a moment, and nothing happens. I'm the only user of the Windows installation. I precise I also have access to the filesystem from my Linux installation, if any manipulation would be possible to resolve this. I also tryed from safe mode, but in my case it doesn't allow anything more than in the normal mode. I have a lot of software pretty complicated to install (like VSTs) on this installation so I don't want to have to do it once again, for this reason I would like to avoid a complete reinstall, moreover that this installation is a recent one. Thank you very much in advance for your help guys!

:)

vsilaire, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Erik A R Win User

Login-conflict: Use PIN-code - but PIN-code is not available...

I have set up my brand new Lenovo today - scanning fingerprint and making a PIN-code.

But now I can not login - the computer rejects my fingerprint, telling me to use my PIN-code. It then tells me that my PIN-code is no longer available due to a change of security setup on my unit. And that I can configure my PIN-code again through setup
    - which I can not login to...

What to do?

Erik A R, Jun 8, 2021
  3. PIN no longer available

I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings

andrewandJennifercousineau, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Puds138 Win User

pin no longer available

Pin no longer available message on start up. Tells me to go to settings etc. How do you go to settings when you can't get past the start up screen?

Puds138, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. "PIN code no longer available" after a CHKDSK commannd - Similar Threads - PIN code longer

2. Pin is no longer available after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is no longer available after reset: Hey, I reset my PC and made it so that it would clear everything, including data, and once I did that, I wasn’t able to log back in because my "Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device." I try to set up my pin, but it will tell me...
  3. Pin is no longer available after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin is no longer available after reset: Hey, I reset my PC and made it so that it would clear everything, including data, and once I did that, I wasn’t able to log back in because my "Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device." I try to set up my pin, but it will tell me...
  4. Pin is no longer available after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The pin code is no longer available after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pin code is no longer available after factory reset: After i reset my laptop factory reset remove all filesWhen its done i cant login to windows"The pin is no longer available"There is no option to type passI try to enter to safe mode but its not workingTry to choose command promat but its not working...What i need to do...
  6. The pin code is no longer available after factory reset

The pin code is no longer available after factory reset: After i reset my laptop factory reset remove all filesWhen its done i cant login to windows"The pin is no longer available"There is no option to type passI try to enter to safe mode but its not workingTry to choose command promat but its not working...What i need to do...
  7. The pin code is no longer available after factory reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. PIN No longer available

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN No longer available: How do I fix this? I only replace my motherboard and CPU, and I can't sign in because only airplane mode shows up. I've tried resetting the PC, startup, deleting updates, etc. Nothing seems to work at all. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated....
  9. PIN no longer available

PIN no longer available: Yesterday, the motherboard of my PC was replaced by Dell Technician. When I switched on the PC after the completion of service and setup of some things already done by the Dell technician, it showed "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on...
  10. Pin no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin no longer available: we ought my mom a new computer and set it up. The next day we tried to open it and a screen comes up and says pin is no loner avaialbe due to change in security settings. It says to go to sett8ngs account sign in options but we canr even get there. What do we do?...