Windows 10: PIN code Security

Discus and support PIN code Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When setting up the PC, I entered a number that was no longer accessible Has been recycled by the provider and there is no way of retrieving that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jamiebrennan1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. PIN code Security

When setting up the PC, I entered a number that was no longer accessible Has been recycled by the provider and there is no way of retrieving that number again and the PIN code has been sent to that number but I cannot get access to the number in question.

I have changed the phone number to one that I can access but Do I have to wait until the 30 days pass in order to get this PIN number sent to the new number associated with my account?

:)

jamiebrennan1, Oct 5, 2020

2. What is 'PIN code request' in Belle? What is difference between Security Code and PIN code?

I have been working through the same problem. I realised I was trying to reset a pin code when the problem was the security code (Lower down the list)

Belle leaves the security code as it was before upgrading but sets the autolock to none.

Setting the autolock to a time means the phone now prompts on switch on and after the designated time just like is did before.

I found that if I remove the SIM card phone prompts for the security code even if the period is set to none. Which is reassuring as it means changing the SIM would mean the phone would lock.

I must go and find the PIN code now!.

dunromin---01, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 5, 2020
  4. PIN code Security

Xbox One S controller PIN

Thanks for the update.

We suggest running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart the device so that the changes can take effect.
    If the same instance occurs, kindly refer to the Xbox accessory documentation for the default PIN code.

Note: Default PIN codes are usually 0000 and 1234.

Let us know the results. We'd be more than willing to provide you additional solutions.

Catherine Cus., Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

PIN code Security

1. PIN code Security - Similar Threads - PIN code Security

2. Pin code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin code: my issue started 3 days ago, when the pin code for accessing my pc stopped working, I’m getting a note” sign in option is disabled because of repeated shutdowns and that I need to wait 2 h for trying again”, never worked , Iv tried “forgot my pin” never got the recovery code...
  3. Pin code

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin code: Hi anyone that is reading this! I have an issue with my Windows settings. So I wanted to just do a new password, but when I got in windows settings, I saw that my Pin code was blocked and I couldn't change it. Because the organization My school wasn't letting me. And I...
  4. Security Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Security Pin: I was asked my microsoft to change my login pin and I changed later then i forgot the new one to login then try to set up the new pin on the lock screen. However, i tried to set up but it shows that something went wrong. Please help me.[IMG]...
  5. Pin code?

Pin code?: Hello windows 10 startup how can I get rid of forgotten pin code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-code/d35885d7-50b6-49ad-b0c0-0c2a43bded15
  6. Security pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security pin: For some reason microsoft is making me use a six digit pin all of a sudden when I've been using a four digit ever since I had my pc. It's not letting me change it to a four digit pin when I go to change the pin....
  7. Pin code

Pin code: Says I have to change my pin code but I dont know how so now I'm locked out of my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-code/1416653f-5d4d-4dc1-9881-f76f24b01f44
  8. pin code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pin code: Hi Group, I'm installing a new copy of windows 10 and I'm prompted to set a pin code. I dont want a pin code. I cant find a way around this. Is there a way I can do this without setting a pin code? I used to enjoy this a lot. Now, it's just a bunch of anger towards MS....
  9. PIN CODE

PIN CODE: Hello, I cant login with my pic code , the pic code and password option are disable in setting panell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-code/96464e4e-60c5-4453-ae2f-f0bbb79bcb69"
  10. Security pin

Security pin: i am trying to remove my security pin but it is asking me to sign into a work email. I don't have a work email, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-pin/faea40c8-2a9d-408b-b6b7-3f497b5e5cd3