Windows 10: pin documents folder to task bar

Discus and support pin documents folder to task bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I pin my documents folder to the task bar?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim andJoe, May 13, 2019.

1. pin documents folder to task bar

How do I pin my documents folder to the task bar?

:)

Jim andJoe, May 13, 2019
  2. sixt5cuda Win User

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, May 13, 2019
  3. Document folder won't open from task bar

Using Microsoft 10...... I have a "file explorer" (file folder icon) on my task bar (old quick launch bar). I have my "documents" folder pinned in there (Quick Access). When I click on it, it won't open. Nothing happens. I unpinned and re-pinned it
    and still the same. To access the documents folder I must go to "This PC" and select the document folder from there.

CarolineGW, May 13, 2019
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

pin documents folder to task bar

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, May 13, 2019
Thema:

pin documents folder to task bar

1. pin documents folder to task bar - Similar Threads - pin documents folder

2. Pinning word docs to task bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning word docs to task bar.: Pinning word docs to task bar. Three days ago and ten years prior, I could pin à regularly used word doc to the word icon in my task bar. This was done by dragging and dropping the file from File Explorer to the Windows icon on task bar. Then if I right clicked the windows...
  3. pin note pad to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin note pad to task bar: how do i pin note pad to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-note-pad-to-task-bar/c5af42b6-e420-4294-b4bd-0ff9f06ef0c9
  4. Pin from task bar to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin from task bar to desktop?: I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2 I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both...
  5. Pin calendar to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pin calendar to Task Bar: How do I pin Google Calendar to Windows 10 Task Bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-calendar-to-task-bar/3ba48086-842c-4bf8-99c3-2baa18de3914
  6. How to pin printer to task bar

How to pin printer to task bar: how to pin printer to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-printer-to-task-bar/5402dbba-5ec5-45d0-8a54-bca5819fcc53
  7. Pinning file explorer to the task bar to access files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning file explorer to the task bar to access files and folders: I accidentally unpinned the file explorer icon from the task bar at the bottom of the screen. It is the icon I use to access all my files and folders. Now I can't access any of my folders. What can I do to recover the icon on the task bar?...
  8. pin task manager to task bar

pin task manager to task bar: Hi, I don't have a question about this I have a solution as I was looking around to find how I might do this all the answers I found were no correct. for some reason the task manager is not in the same place as other apps in windows 10 I found it by left clicking the...
  9. pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?

pin an icon shortcut into the task bar?: How do I pin an icon shortcut into the task bar? the onscreen instructions do not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-an-icon-shortcut-into-the-task-bar/2234bfb6-c1d5-4c5d-b851-4b62ef5612a1
  10. Pinning programmes to task bar

Pinning programmes to task bar: If we pinned a program to a task bar,It will run on ram with the startup=? Is it causes to Ram? or it is like a shortcut in the desktop?...