Windows 10: PIN does not show when I type it on keyboard or touchscreen

Discus and support PIN does not show when I type it on keyboard or touchscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to sign in with my PIN, the PIN does not show when I type it. I also cannot shut down the computer from the screen. This just started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tia P, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Tia P Win User

PIN does not show when I type it on keyboard or touchscreen

When I try to sign in with my PIN, the PIN does not show when I type it. I also cannot shut down the computer from the screen. This just started tonight. It does not show up when I use the touchscreen, also.

:)

Tia P, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Sandoval Win User

Keyboard not working

I have hp envy laptop with touchscreen. I never used the touchscreen keyboard until i had problems with keyboard on the laptop couple hours ago. Some of the Keys werent working at all, some would type numbers or incorrect letters or type commas after each letter. I tried adding and changing languages, and restoring system. Now, the laptop keyboard including function keys and the mouse doesnt work at all. When i go into control panel under keyboard- typing the only option listed is for touchscreen. Not sure if i somehow manged to disengage the main keyboard and mouse. Please help!

Sandoval, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Touchscreen keyboard does not type Greek accented letters

Hi,

If the touchscreen keyboard doesn’t type Greek accented letters, it’s possible that an error has occurred with the keyboard or can be a conflict with another application.

To learn more about your concern, we’d like to know the make
    and model of the device that you’re using. Also, may we know if there are
    other letters that are not typing when selected or clicked?

In the meantime, let’s isolate the issue with the keyboard by performing a clean boot. This will help us identify if a conflict has appeared at the time that you’ve tried to select the letters. Please click
    here for the steps.

Once you’re in the clean boot state, try to use again the touchscreen keyboard and select the Greek accented letters. Then, see if you’ll encounter the same behavior.

Note: After the troubleshooting, refer to this section: “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” on the same support
    article
    to boot the computer in normal setup once the issue has been resolved.

We’ll wait for your update after trying the steps provided.

Louie Del, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. PIN does not show when I type it on keyboard or touchscreen - Similar Threads - PIN does show

2. Type does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type does not show: Just bought new pc with windows 11.On some sites such as LLoyds bank and some surveys when typing in boxes the characters do not show although they must register as the site recognise them. If you get it right no problem but if wrong you are unable to see typo or...
  3. Type does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Type does not show: Just bought new pc with windows 11.On some sites such as LLoyds bank and some surveys when typing in boxes the characters do not show although they must register as the site recognise them. If you get it right no problem but if wrong you are unable to see typo or...
  4. Keyboard does not work with Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard does not work with Pin: After starting I cannot enter my win10 pin to login. Keys pressed but no character appear. Mouse operates as normal.I have not used my local password for so long and cannot remember, this makes it difficult to do most troubleshooting.Tried different USB and different...
  5. Keyboard does not work with Pin

Keyboard does not work with Pin: After starting I cannot enter my win10 pin to login. Keys pressed but no character appear. Mouse operates as normal.I have not used my local password for so long and cannot remember, this makes it difficult to do most troubleshooting.Tried different USB and different...
  6. Keyboard does not work with Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Lock/pin Touchscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock/pin Touchscreen Keyboard: I have a touchscreen tablet with Windows 10. It has been off-grid for at least a year, maybe more, I can't remember. After doing an update, the onscreen touch keyboard is incredibly frustrating.I have a Bluetooth keyboard device attached specifically a barcode scanner and...
  8. Lock/pin Touchscreen Keyboard

Lock/pin Touchscreen Keyboard: I have a touchscreen tablet with Windows 10. It has been off-grid for at least a year, maybe more, I can't remember. After doing an update, the onscreen touch keyboard is incredibly frustrating.I have a Bluetooth keyboard device attached specifically a barcode scanner and...
  9. When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I type a Windows App in the Start, it does not show the icon: The App icon shows fine when it's running, and on my task bar. It also shows find when it is pinned in the start menu. Where is does not show up, is when I type it in my start menu to boot it. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. DVORAK keyboard and touchscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVORAK keyboard and touchscreen: I have an HP computer with a touch screen, and use Windows 10. Whenever I use the touch screen and go back to typing, the keyboard layout is set to QWERTY, but it still says ENG DV in the status bar. In order to switch it back, I have to switch windows and switch back to the...