Windows 10: Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.

Discus and support Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Recently sfter reverting to the last windows update, my pin has not been working. It returns the message “Your credentials could not be verified.” Upon... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by isaacfff, Mar 1, 2021.

1. isaacfff Win User

Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.

Recently sfter reverting to the last windows update, my pin has not been working. It returns the message “Your credentials could not be verified.” Upon pressing OK then emtering the pin again, it says “Something went wrong and your Pin isnt availiable. status: 0xc000015b, substatus: 0x0.” When I try to boot in safe mode, the same problem still persists and I cannot login. What can i do besides reinstalling windows and losing my files?

:)

isaacfff, Mar 1, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password. - Similar Threads - Pin does neither

2. Xbox Game Pass PC App does not work Neither does the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass PC App does not work Neither does the store: This problem arose randomly back the end of september 2023, i was using the xbox game pass pc app, without issue ... then randomly one day it would no longer open.. and would just sit on the black screen with Xbox logo...never to open again.. i've tried to go through the...
  3. PIN does not work and password option gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  4. PIN does not work and password option gone.

PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  5. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  6. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  7. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

8. Password does not work after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password does not work after a factory reset: My laptop had some issues, so I decided to fix it, but it didn't. As a result, my password was not working I have tried almost every method I have found to log into my computer. It keeps saying I have the wrong password, I actually use a pin to log in, so it's weird that it...
  9. Password does not work after a factory reset

Password does not work after a factory reset: My laptop had some issues, so I decided to fix it, but it didn't. As a result, my password was not working I have tried almost every method I have found to log into my computer. It keeps saying I have the wrong password, I actually use a pin to log in, so it's weird that it...
  10. Password does not work after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging