Windows 10: PIN does not work and password option gone.

Discus and support PIN does not work and password option gone. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Thomas Venhaus, Jan 30, 2023.

1. PIN does not work and password option gone.

This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not sure I've even set up a PIN on this machine, but if I did, I know what I'd use. When I try that PIN, it says "The PIN is incorrect. Try again.". I hit ok, and the screen says, "You've entered an incorrect PIN too many times. To try again, restart your computer." The option to enter my password does not show up on

:)

Thomas Venhaus, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Dani Pun Win User

PIN does not work and password option gone.

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

PIN does not work and password option gone.

1. PIN does not work and password option gone. - Similar Threads - PIN does password

2. PIN does not work and password option gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  3. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  4. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?: my pin is gone, when I get to the user logging screen it knows my email and user name but the password is wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pin-is-gone-and-the-password-does-not-work/09845edf-d67a-4758-8384-e2724549f2a6
  5. my pin is gone, and the password does NOT work?

6. Password log on gone - PIN issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  7. Password log on gone - PIN issue

Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  8. Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.: Recently sfter reverting to the last windows update, my pin has not been working. It returns the message “Your credentials could not be verified.” Upon pressing OK then emtering the pin again, it says “Something went wrong and your Pin isnt availiable. status: 0xc000015b,...
  9. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  10. PIN option is gone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN option is gone: I can no longer use a PIN to sign in. When I try I get an endless loop asking for my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/pin-option-is-gone/9a678a51-63ca-4c11-8225-5f557660da8a"