Windows 10: Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode

Discus and support Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today I will solve this hopefully for everyone. Today I needed to get to safe mode and my PIN was not accepted. Then I noticed duh! It says password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidSt.Pierre, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode

Today I will solve this hopefully for everyone.

Today I needed to get to safe mode and my PIN was not accepted. Then I noticed duh! It says password so I tried my current password witch did not work either and someone some where said think about it the answer is with you?

So then I thought about it. My password had been changed over the years BUT!! Apparently the original password I started my account with is the one I needed to gain access to safe mode.

So if you changed your password and that or your current pin is not accepted, I Hope you can recall your original password the day you set up your account as that seems to be the one that matters to get into safe mode.

Good Luck.

Now if anyone has a fix for plants vs zombies full version

file error

Error reading user file

Invalid File Version

I would appreciate the help.

It crashed today during a Thunderstorm when the power went out and I cannot get it back.

Thanks, Good Luck!

:)

DavidSt.Pierre, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Safe Mode PIN Failure

Thank you Isha. I tried your safe mode suggestion WITH networking. It still did not work.

But I got round it by removing the PIN
    even though Cortana does not work. Here is how:

1. Right-click on desktop

2. click on Personolise

3. in the blue search bar type Sign-in to get the sign-in option

4. click on Sign-in options

5. under the PIN section click on Remove

6. type in the user password (not PIN)

The PIN is now removed. This would now allow signing into windows in the Safe Mode, etc.

N.B. you could also go to the next step (step 7) and remove the account password all together if required.

Jamshid Aziminia, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode

Windows 10 is not working even in safe mode

Hi All!
    Over the past few days the start menu was not working properly and after trying to fiddle with that for a few days, i decided to reinstall windows 10. The problem with this now is that it boots up properly, but all i get is:

Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode windows10hero-100593399-large.png

And the only buttons i have are "Networks" and "Ease of access" in the bottom right. Nothing else. The current build i have for W10 is 10240

If anyone could give me some insight on how to fix this i would be forever grateful!
    Thanks.
    mm

Ps. Safe mode works but i want to be able to run it outside of safe mode without it looking like the picture above.

Mikeyman001, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode

1. Pin Doesn't Work in Windows 10 Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Pin Doesn't Safe

2. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  3. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  4. Stuck in safe mode windows 10 and PIN not accept

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode windows 10 and PIN not accept: Please follow this method for stuck out from safe mode where PIN is not accepting. Type bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot and hit enter Key.[ATTACH]...
  5. Safe Mode incorrect pin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode incorrect pin: I'm in safe mode no network. It will not accept my password. I've tried restart, shift key, but when I get to troubleshoot it asked for my password again and says incorrect. I can't go any further. Any solutions?...
  6. Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode: Hello, The computer has Windows 10 and PIN was used to login. I have enabled Safe mode using MSConfig with administrator rights (when trying to save new settings without administrator rights, the MSConfig reported that necessary file to enable Safe mode is used by another...
  7. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode: Hi set my laptop to safe mode with msconfig & restarted now it wont accept.my password in safe.mode is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booted-my-windows-10-laptop-in-safe-mode-password/c8fe588b-31ac-4a38-b0c6-d632c2fc2591
  8. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....
  9. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work: I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible. The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the...
  10. Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen not appearing and safe mode doesn't work: Yesterday my laptop start up really slowly and i tried to disable all services through msconfig then restart it, the problem appear here. I cant login because login screen not appearing i tried to safe mode with Shift + restart, Shift F8 and F8 but doesnt work. I hope you...