Windows 10: PIN entry window at welcome screen

Discus and support PIN entry window at welcome screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My PIN entry window has disappeared. How do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LTDLTD, Oct 26, 2019.

1. LTDLTD Win User

PIN entry window at welcome screen

My PIN entry window has disappeared. How do I get it back?

:)

LTDLTD, Oct 26, 2019

2. Homebase: PIN entry screen opens too late

When booting up my HTC S740 having Windows Mobile 6.1 installed, the Homebase screen is displayed for up to two seconds before the PIN entry screen is displayed.

A malicious user could use this time to read Homebase contents. Depending on a mobile phone's configuration this could be message content, wallpaper content or calendar entries. This could become quite a high security risk.

I'd like to suggest that - if activated - nothing is displayed before the PIN entry screen is positively confirmed.

Axel Dahmen

BetterToday, Oct 26, 2019
  3. blocked entry box pin-code on the lock screen

Hi Valeriy,  

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I am sorry you've had a bad experience.  I ensure you, we will help you with this issue

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Are you not able to enter pin code in the lock screen?

I suggest you to use On-Screen keyboard and check if can enter the pin code.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/type-with-the-on-screen-keyboard

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Oct 26, 2019
  4. PIN entry window at welcome screen

PIN Entry on Enter

Hi,

To disable your PIN login, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start and go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Remove. It will ask for a confirmation, just click
      Remove.

After that, your PIN login will be disabled.

Let us know how it goes.

Marielle Cas, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

PIN entry window at welcome screen

1. PIN entry window at welcome screen - Similar Threads - PIN entry window

2. windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows welcome screen: Im new to windows 10 and my dad gave me this computer. It got stuck in welcome screen only. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-welcome-screen/5e76ac7a-2362-4d92-9409-34f018119205
  3. windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows welcome screen: Im new to windows 10 and my dad gave me this computer. It got stuck in welcome screen only. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-welcome-screen/5e76ac7a-2362-4d92-9409-34f018119205
  4. windows welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PIN entry screen won't display

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN entry screen won't display: I typically use a PIN to log in after reboot or after locking my machine. Most of the time a click of the mouse or hitting any key on the keyboard will bring up the PIN entry screen. Sometimes there could be a few seconds delay while the camera searches for my face, but I...
  6. Welcome to Windows Screen :-/

in Windows 10 Support
    Welcome to Windows Screen :-/: any reason why i've just been presented w/ that screen after booting up today? Updates says nothing installed since 12 Mar, is just doing KB4537572 at the minute. TIA 153522
  7. Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Stuck on welcome screen before pin entry!: Hey everyone! I recently installed a few Windows 10 updates and afterwards restarted my laptop. Once it booted up I got to the welcome screen where you can click or hit any key to proceed to your pin or password to log into your computer. My problem is that when I click or...
  8. Welcome screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Welcome screen?: How do insert an image to fill the 'empty' default circle on my Welcome screen? Lisa HSJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen/d916a12b-61ba-4cfb-aec0-db319311f4e0
  9. PIN entry screen not displayed on boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN entry screen not displayed on boot: Hi all My PC has developed an annoying issue over the last week. When I boot the PC I get the normal desktop screen with the date and time correctly shown. If I then hit a key to move to the PIN entry screen, the time and date are removed but the PIN entry box is not...
  10. Automatic entry of Welcome Screen Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic entry of Welcome Screen Password?: When my Windows Ten Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop boots up, I need to enter a password to get to the Welcome Screen. Can I have that password entered by the system instead of me typing it in each time? If so, how do I do that. Thanks, Sam K. 37492