Windows 10: PIN Erased and Password not recognized

Discus and support PIN Erased and Password not recognized in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; This started as a problem with Outlook suddenly not recognizing my Gmail accounts any longer, though they had been downloading properly for the last 3... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dr Ryan James, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PIN Erased and Password not recognized

This started as a problem with Outlook suddenly not recognizing my Gmail accounts any longer, though they had been downloading properly for the last 3 years.

I connected here with an advisor from my laptop. He suggested I try running something like msconfig, but that was not it. I cannot remember what it was, but it was familiar, so I did not question it. After this, I had to reboot the computer. When the reboot was done, it requested my password, which I had not used in years. I changed options for the PIN. The message was that my PIN was erased, but click to reset it. All that did was refresh the screen without changing anything. I have tried every password imaginable, but no luck.

I signed into my Microsoft account on the laptop and changed my account password. That did not help.

Contacting Office 365 support (I am a subscriber), they transferred me to Windows support who guided me to make a recovery disk on another computer. The icons at the bottom right corner that he sent a screenshot of are not appearing on my screen either.

Using the recovery disk, trying to uninstall the last upgrades did not work. Every other option, including wiping the apps and programs all are requiring my password. I cannot get beyond this.

Using Windows key + r does nothing. Holding the shift key when booting does nothing. This article was worthless.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028457/windows-10-reset-your-local-account-password

After trying every option found anywhere on the Internet, I am still facing a blank screen.

Yesterday, I did an online chat with Office 365 Support, gave my ticket number and asked to be transferred to a Windows support person as I had the day before. She said that was not possible.

I am at a loss and need assistance, PLEASE!

:)

Dr Ryan James, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Password not recognized after shutdown

Hi Shrec,

I suggest you to boot the system in the Safe Mode and enable the
    PIN and check if it helps.

To start your system in Safe Mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    To enable the PIN at log on please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + S key.

• Type pin in the Search box, then click set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    Once you complete this, please restart your system, enter the PIN and change the password accordingly.

Hope this helps.

SujataMoktan, Sep 17, 2019
  4. PIN Erased and Password not recognized

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

PIN Erased and Password not recognized

1. PIN Erased and Password not recognized - Similar Threads - PIN Erased Password

2. Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more: My Hp elite 840 g5 won't recognize my password and I've been stuck trying to get into my pc. What can I do...? I've tried resetting my Microsoft password still won't open my pc...
  3. Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't recognize my password or pin no more: My Hp elite 840 g5 won't recognize my password and I've been stuck trying to get into my pc. What can I do...? I've tried resetting my Microsoft password still won't open my pc...
  4. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't recognize PIN or password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize PIN or password: Windows 10 automatically updated and now my computer doesn't recognize my PIN or password. I went to account.live.com/password/reset and successfully changed my password and can access my Microsoft account but my computer doesn't recognize the new password or any of my old...
  6. Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.

Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.: Hello, i have windows 10 and have not been able to login. Pin is not recognized or password is incorrect. I have tried restarting the unit and trouble shooting in advance options with no luck. Start up repair - is not recognizing the password. Startup settings - restore...
  7. Pin not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pin not recognized: After an update on saturday my desk top does not recognize my pin how do i get past the lock screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-not-recognized/be5078cd-0840-4272-a124-bc9fb760603d
  8. PIN not available and password not recognized - any suggestions?

PIN not available and password not recognized - any suggestions?: My computer was running slow, so I tried to log in using safe mode - but when I get to the standard windows login screen, it stated "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I switched to the Microsoft password option, but it won't...
  9. windows 10 login pin and password not recognized

windows 10 login pin and password not recognized: windows 10 64 bit 2004. System rebooted after/during update. Neither Pin or PW work. I can login to MS on line account and change PW from another Workstation but first PC will not use it. Safe mode and diagnostics need PW. Trying to boot from restore disk at this point....
  10. erasing a wifi network password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    erasing a wifi network password: win 10 machine wrong wifi password entered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erasing-a-wifi-network-password/c5d70af0-7fe3-45c8-8418-669760296d83