Windows 10: PIN error, don't know how to fix it

Discus and support PIN error, don't know how to fix it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So several months ago some kind of error happened and my PIN stopped working. Like, one day I couldn't get into my computer with the PIN I had used for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EricWencel1, Jul 8, 2020.

1. PIN error, don't know how to fix it

So several months ago some kind of error happened and my PIN stopped working. Like, one day I couldn't get into my computer with the PIN I had used for over a year. It acts like I don't have a pin, but I also have a pin, and that pin is compromised, but I don't have the authority to fix it it's my private machine. Every time I try to fix it, I hit a brick wall. Of course Microsoft charges money to actually talk to someone about an issue with their ridiculous security measures, so I'm hoping I can save a hundred bucks and get help here.

I'm sorry. I'm so angry. This whole process is so, so maddening. Microsoft will give you 1,000 ways to buy something, but every time you have an issue they seem to make it impossible to resolve it. I mean ****, none of the text in the dialogue boxes I get is selectable, so I can't copy and paste things here. So I have to upload screenshots. Apparently they updated the snipping tool, so just taking screenshots is a freaking hassle. Lord, give me strength, I hate Microsoft right now. So much.

I go to settings>sign in options>Windows Hello PIN. Here's what it looks like.
    PIN error, don't know how to fix it e2948766-d9b4-4d61-a1fe-0a3d51c2c014?upload=true.png

I go through the dialogue to set up a PIN, and it randomly chooses one of the 4 microsoft accounts I have 1 that's my main personal one, a second personal one I used to set up my xbox account years ago, a work one, a school one. It chooses my work one. I have no idea why. I am not allowed to use one that isn't work or school. Again, this makes no **** sense, since this is my personal machine, and my ONLY account on this machine is through my main personal email.

I try to go back and I get this:

PIN error, don't know how to fix it c2685563-e65c-4d14-a587-c60efe61ee13?upload=true.png

Of course I can't click anything, so I look up that link on the PIN errors page. I've gotten that error code and this one, too:

0x80090031

The one in the screenshot doesn't exist on the PIN errors page.

The other one ending in 031 says I need to run Clear-TPM. I pop open powershell and try, but it says I need Administrator cred to run it.

I am the **** administrator of my machine. There are no other accounts I log into this machine with.

So that's it. I'm stuck, and I can't fix it. I didn't do anything to make this happen, all of this started spontaneously one day, and while I can use my computer for the most part, there's certain things I'm locked out of because I don't have a **** PIN that **** works despite the fact that I can log in to my accounts and provide the ENDLESS security codes texted and emailed to me.

Please, for the love of God, someone help. Or better yet, someone at Microsoft fix this for free because I refuse to pay a hundred bucks to fix a problem I didn't create.

:)

EricWencel1, Jul 8, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Jul 8, 2020
  4. PIN error, don't know how to fix it

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

PIN error, don't know how to fix it

1. PIN error, don't know how to fix it - Similar Threads - PIN error don't

2. I don't know how to fix this monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know how to fix this monitor problem: I currently use a laptop, and a 165hz monitor. I wanted to refresh my graphics driver so I clicked on win + ctrl+ shift+ b since my laptop was running slower than it used to be. So right after I did that, I checked my settings and it was this weird 1/2 display detection. Now...
  3. I have BSOD and don't know how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have BSOD and don't know how to fix: I was using my PC without any stress action just watching Youtube video on Chrome and Messenger app and my PC suddenly stopped with a half blue screen and I had to press power button to shutdown and restart. In Event viewer I got this messages:"The computer has rebooted from...
  4. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  5. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  6. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I don't know how to resolve the error! !!

I don't know how to resolve the error! !!: I tried to install the trial version of minecraft java version, but I got the error code "0x80070057" and signed in to the microsoft store, but I get this error many times and cannot install it. What should we do?...
  8. I don't know how to resolve the error! !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know how to resolve the error! !!: I tried to install the trial version of minecraft java version, but I got the error code "0x80070057" and signed in to the microsoft store, but I get this error many times and cannot install it. What should we do?...
  9. I don't know how to fix this

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix this: I tried raise FPS Valorant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-this/33c6c901-76ac-4b78-97a9-346f8b8179cd
  10. I don't know how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know how to fix it: So I put my desktop on D: and now everythings screwed up and I cannot fix it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-how-to-fix-it/6ecc42f4-598d-444d-841e-735239c5e3c9