Windows 10: PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin

Discus and support PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Got a Surface 7 for my wife. Added my account add tried to setup hello. I got to pin creation. And believe i did set one up. I forgot it and tried it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelRibeiro, Jan 24, 2020.

1. PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin

Got a Surface 7 for my wife. Added my account add tried to setup hello. I got to pin creation. And believe i did set one up. I forgot it and tried it when offline. But it didn’t work. Tried fixing it while back online but gave too many failed attempts and that it was locked. For a few attempts it refused my sign in but after a couple resets it let me use my password and did not ask for a pin. Tried to setup a new one as per the instructions. I didn’t need to delete it, only add button is presented but when i try add PIN it fails and shows the same error. I don’t know how to proceed.

:)

MichaelRibeiro, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 24, 2020
  4. PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin

PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin

1. PIN failed too many attempts. Can’t add new pin - Similar Threads - PIN failed too

2. How to change laptop pin after too many attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change laptop pin after too many attempts: How do I change the PIN on my laptop after too many attempts. Just says restart device - gives me the code A1B2C3 and when I enter that it goes back to restart device....
  3. How to change laptop pin after too many attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change laptop pin after too many attempts: How do I change the PIN on my laptop after too many attempts. Just says restart device - gives me the code A1B2C3 and when I enter that it goes back to restart device....
  4. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Many attempts on PC Pin: HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked out for 5 minutes.Any idea why this is happening and anyway to fix it.Thanks...
  5. Too Many attempts on PC Pin

Too Many attempts on PC Pin: HiI changed my home pc Pin several weeks ago and since then every time I launch my PC it says that I have entered.my pc too many times and I am locked out for 5 minutes.Any idea why this is happening and anyway to fix it.Thanks...
  6. Too many failed log in attempts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  7. Too many failed log in attempts?

Too many failed log in attempts?: I repeatedly get the ‘too many unsuccessful log in attempts’ every single time that I power up and put in my password. I know my password and I know I’m putting it in correctly. I have to wait 2 hours to try again, however the laptop keeps going in to the power saving mode...
  8. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it: Hi,I messed up the bitlocker pin, and when I typed in the right one it said "too many pin entry attempts, to reboot and try again press enter". So I did that, and whenever I enter the correct pin it says the same. I don't have the recovery key, because it's a corporate...
  9. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it: Hi,I messed up the bitlocker pin, and when I typed in the right one it said "too many pin entry attempts, to reboot and try again press enter". So I did that, and whenever I enter the correct pin it says the same. I don't have the recovery key, because it's a corporate...
  10. Bitlocker too many pin attempts, how long is it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security