Windows 10: PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

Discus and support PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hope someone besides Microsoft can help me to unlock my laptop. Since the boot time was extremely long I decided to install Diagnose boot up only and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartinLoos999, Feb 22, 2021.

1. PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

Hope someone besides Microsoft can help me to unlock my laptop.

Since the boot time was extremely long I decided to install Diagnose boot up only and THAT is where the whole thing went bottom up.

When I rebooted the PC to see if it would really be quicker, the login screen asked me for pin, which I then typed in. Then I got the message due to a problem the pin did not work anymore, which left me only with the possibility to login with the password I used about 150 years ago.

Asking for help with Microsoft is just as easy as to call heaven. I had to answer all kinds of questions to see if it was really me to which I really have no clue anymore, since those questions relate to data of years ago.

For instance Skype I don't use anymore and the email address I had when I first opened a microsoft account I really don't know anymore

So if somebody could tell me how to circumnavigate the password I would be really happy, since I cannot get into the laptop anymore

Thanks, Martin

:)

MartinLoos999, Feb 22, 2021

2. Forgotten Password

I use my pin to log in and have for a long time AND have now forgotten my computer password. How do I locate it and/or change it?

D Scott Gilbertsen, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 password to log into desktop forgotten

I have forgotten my pin and password to log into my desktop how do I get in

CHRISGEORGE2, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Dani Pun Win User

PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

1. PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time - Similar Threads - PIN Logging does

2. How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log into Windows with a forgotten password?: I know this will make me seem like a tech illiterate but I need some help. I am attempting to log into Windows but am unable to do so due to a forgotten password. However, unlike most of the tutorials I am looking at, there is no reset password on my screen and I am just...
  3. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  4. Forgotten PIN and expired password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgotten PIN and expired password: Dear all,As a non-professional user,I use a HP ELITE FOLIO with Windows 11 PRO.I was noticed earlier today my password has expired and needs to be renewed.To do so, I have to fill PIN code to use admin profil.Unfortunatly, I don't remember to have fill any PIN code while...
  5. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC: Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or...
  6. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC: Hi a user has forgotten their password and pin to log into their PC also forgotten password for Microsoft account and email where anything can be recovered to. Is is possible to create a bootable windows from a memory stick and sort it out that way without losing any data? or...
  7. User forgotten password and pin to log into Windows PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. My PIN does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  9. My PIN does not work anymore

My PIN does not work anymore: Dear all, I have no idea what happened. When I turned on my PC today it stated: that there is an error and my PIN is not available. I have to click "set up PIN" in order to set up again. When I click "set up PIN" it does nothing. translated from GermanI have absolutely no...
  10. forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgotten PIN and no other way to log in: a few weeks ago i changed the PIN to my computer and made it the only sign-in option. i have now forgotten it and tried to guess it, which only made the "forgot PIN?" button disappear, so there is literally no way i can log in or recover the code. is there anything i can do...