Windows 10: PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

Discus and support PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hope someone besides Microsoft can help me to unlock my laptop. Since the boot time was extremely long I decided to install Diagnose boot up only and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MartinLoos999, Feb 22, 2021.

1. PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

Hope someone besides Microsoft can help me to unlock my laptop.

Since the boot time was extremely long I decided to install Diagnose boot up only and THAT is where the whole thing went bottom up.

When I rebooted the PC to see if it would really be quicker, the login screen asked me for pin, which I then typed in. Then I got the message due to a problem the pin did not work anymore, which left me only with the possibility to login with the password I used about 150 years ago.

Asking for help with Microsoft is just as easy as to call heaven. I had to answer all kinds of questions to see if it was really me to which I really have no clue anymore, since those questions relate to data of years ago.

For instance Skype I don't use anymore and the email address I had when I first opened a microsoft account I really don't know anymore

So if somebody could tell me how to circumnavigate the password I would be really happy, since I cannot get into the laptop anymore

Thanks, Martin

:)

MartinLoos999, Feb 22, 2021

2. Forgotten Password

I use my pin to log in and have for a long time AND have now forgotten my computer password. How do I locate it and/or change it?

D Scott Gilbertsen, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 password to log into desktop forgotten

I have forgotten my pin and password to log into my desktop how do I get in

CHRISGEORGE2, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Dani Pun Win User

PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time

1. PIN for Logging in does not work anymore and password has been forgotten in time - Similar Threads - PIN Logging does

2. Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin does not work, and neither does resetting password.: Recently sfter reverting to the last windows update, my pin has not been working. It returns the message “Your credentials could not be verified.” Upon pressing OK then emtering the pin again, it says “Something went wrong and your Pin isnt availiable. status: 0xc000015b,...
  3. Forgotten password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgotten password: Can someone help me to open my laptop? I forgot my recent password yung hindi sana mabubura yung files, cuz all the files that I need for our finals are in there. submitted by /u/p0w3rZ3r0 [link] [comments]...
  4. Forgotten password

Forgotten password: I cannot remember my initial screen login password. I have tried “forgot password”, and resetting per MS support. I am unable to see anything on the screen except my email and pw blank. Any help?...
  5. forgotten pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten pin: Hi, I'm going around in circles here. I want to download Windows Draw. I'm asked for my PIN - I have absolutely no memory of ever setting a PIN. I click on "I have forgotten my PIN" I'm asked to sign In, but I am already signed in. My contact phone number has changed so...
  6. Forgotten Password

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Forgotten Password: Windows 10 version 1909. Is there any way I can determine what the password for my Microsoft Account and Office 365 Account is? When I sign in it accepts the 8 dots in the password field and i wind up in the this forum as I expected. I really don't want to reset my password...
  7. Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop

Forgotten Windows local password and pin on a laptop: Hello, I forgot my windows local password and PIN on my own laptop, I got access for another user on the laptop, but not to my own! Please help...
  8. forgotten pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten pin: recover forgotten pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-pin/247758ce-b391-43fd-87c3-077e18dabb16"
  9. Forgotten password.

Forgotten password.: I'm locked out of my old laptop. It does not recognize my fingerprint and following moving to a new house I can't find the folder with old passwords and pins etc. I haven't used this laptop in several years. Help...
  10. Forgotten PIN

Forgotten PIN: Hi, I have an old Ativ S mobile phone. Originally purchased as Win 8, it got the upgrade to Win 10. I bought a Windows mobile to replace it a couple of years ago and started using that, including setting up my OneDrive storage. However, I didn't take all the content off...