Windows 10: PIN for my HP desktop

Discus and support PIN for my HP desktop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roc.Lek, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Roc.Lek Win User

PIN for my HP desktop

I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help.

:)

Roc.Lek, Feb 28, 2024
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Feb 28, 2024
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 28, 2024
  4. kayjayw Win User

PIN for my HP desktop

pin Facebook and Tumblast app to desktop?

I have downloaded the Facebook and Tumblast apps to my Windows 10 computer and when I right click on them in the list of apps, I can pin them to the start menu and the taskbar, but not the desktop. Is there any way to pin them to the desktop or create a
    shortcut? I **don't** want it create a shortcut that opens FB and Tumblr in my browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

KJ

kayjayw, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

PIN for my HP desktop

1. PIN for my HP desktop - Similar Threads - PIN desktop

2. Another Desktop User's PIN Can Unlock My Windows Store Account While My Own Pin Doesn't Work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Another Desktop User's PIN Can Unlock My Windows Store Account While My Own Pin Doesn't Work: I have a Family Group set up, containing my kids' and my Microsoft accounts, and am using PC Gamepass Family Share. I am the parent account and the only authorized account to purchase MS products. When my kids' account is logged into Windows, and I attempt to install a new...
  3. Another Desktop User's PIN Can Unlock My Windows Store Account While My Own Pin Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another Desktop User's PIN Can Unlock My Windows Store Account While My Own Pin Doesn't Work: I have a Family Group set up, containing my kids' and my Microsoft accounts, and am using PC Gamepass Family Share. I am the parent account and the only authorized account to purchase MS products. When my kids' account is logged into Windows, and I attempt to install a new...
  4. Another Desktop User's PIN Can Unlock My Windows Store Account While My Own Pin Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I...: Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I remove the PIN? It won't allow me to change the PIN without knowing the PIN. So, that isn't an options....
  6. Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I...: Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I remove the PIN? It won't allow me to change the PIN without knowing the PIN. So, that isn't an options....
  7. Hello, I am trying to install Microsoft 365 on a desktop. It asked me for a PIN. How can I...

8. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?: The requirement is to remove the pin option from remote desktop application through the intune policy. I didn't find any template or setting catalogue in the portal related to this.Can it be done through OMA-URI and if yes how to do that ?Appreciate your responses...
  9. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?: The requirement is to remove the pin option from remote desktop application through the intune policy. I didn't find any template or setting catalogue in the portal related to this.Can it be done through OMA-URI and if yes how to do that ?Appreciate your responses...
  10. How to disable pin option from AVD/Remote desktop app through intune policy?