Windows 10: PIN for startup of PC

Discus and support PIN for startup of PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After the latest updates, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus does not allow the use of a PIN on start up of my HP Pavillion Desktop. I have to login via... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DGW Environmental, Feb 7, 2020.

1. PIN for startup of PC

After the latest updates, Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus does not allow the use of a PIN on start up of my HP Pavillion Desktop. I have to login via password. Then I follow the Microsoft advice by going in to the 'sign-in options.

Windows Hello PIN section and with a blue text message

'Sorry - this PIN isn't working for your organisations resources. Tap or click to fix' and tap and ,

click on '"Set up PIN"' blue button, and this gives me

'something went wrong'.

Error code: 0x801c004d

Correlation ID: cf32582e-de1f-0000-e472-32cf1ded501

When looking at Windows forum this error has been raised since early 2019, surely there is a fix now to re-enable the PIN functionality?

:)

DGW Environmental, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 7, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 7, 2020
  4. PIN for startup of PC

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

PIN for startup of PC

1. PIN for startup of PC - Similar Threads - PIN startup

2. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  3. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  4. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup: What happened?:- I ran msconfig from doing WINDOWS + R- Enabled Diagnostic Startup- Restarted my Laptop- Introduction to the issueWhat now?:- Clicking "setup my pin" doesn't do anything. Either it asks for an app on the app store or it does nothing and just goes back to the...
  6. How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup

How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup: What happened?:- I ran msconfig from doing WINDOWS + R- Enabled Diagnostic Startup- Restarted my Laptop- Introduction to the issueWhat now?:- Clicking "setup my pin" doesn't do anything. Either it asks for an app on the app store or it does nothing and just goes back to the...
  7. How do I remove the startup pin option on Windows 11? My PC says that Windows Hello isn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the startup pin option on Windows 11? My PC says that Windows Hello isn't...: My PC says that Windows Hello isn't available for my organization, but the pin option still appears on the login screen. It won't let me change it, because it says that it isn't available. What do I do?...
  8. How do I remove the startup pin option on Windows 11? My PC says that Windows Hello isn't...

How do I remove the startup pin option on Windows 11? My PC says that Windows Hello isn't...: My PC says that Windows Hello isn't available for my organization, but the pin option still appears on the login screen. It won't let me change it, because it says that it isn't available. What do I do?...
  9. BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction: Hi, We want to enable BitLocker Startup PIN using Intune. Is there a way by which the PIN can be setup without User interaction. From my understanding, we will have to set PIN for each computer and requires user interaction. Please help. Thanks in advance...
  10. BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction

BitLocker Startup PIN without User Interaction: Hi, We want to enable BitLocker Startup PIN using Intune. Is there a way by which the PIN can be setup without User interaction. From my understanding, we will have to set PIN for each computer and requires user interaction. Please help. Thanks in advance...