Windows 10: Pin from task bar to desktop?

Discus and support Pin from task bar to desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheKaijuEnthusiast, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Pin from task bar to desktop?

I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2

I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both different accounts. 1 is pinned to taskbar, 2 is on desktop

submitted by /u/TheKaijuEnthusiast
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheKaijuEnthusiast, Sep 4, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Mikky_888 Win User
    how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Sep 4, 2020
  4. sixt5cuda Win User

Pin from task bar to desktop?

Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Pin from task bar to desktop?

1. Pin from task bar to desktop? - Similar Threads - Pin task bar

2. How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar: Hello. I recently purchased a new laptop. I have been trying to pin apps to the desktop/home screen not the taskbar. For some apps like whatsapp or calculator I am only able to pin it to either the start menu or the task bar. I have tried to make a shortcut/pin it from file...
  3. How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Pin Apps Desktop not Task Bar: Hello. I recently purchased a new laptop. I have been trying to pin apps to the desktop/home screen not the taskbar. For some apps like whatsapp or calculator I am only able to pin it to either the start menu or the task bar. I have tried to make a shortcut/pin it from file...
  4. How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar: I don't know the name of a program that is pinned to the Task Bar so that I can create a desktop shortcut. The program was pinned to the Task Bar by an HP printer technician during troubleshooting a prrinter issue. Why? I want to be certain that I can locate the program if...
  5. How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar: I don't know the name of a program that is pinned to the Task Bar so that I can create a desktop shortcut. The program was pinned to the Task Bar by an HP printer technician during troubleshooting a prrinter issue. Why? I want to be certain that I can locate the program if...
  6. How to create a desktop shortcut for a program that is pinned to the Task Bar

7. Pin calendar to Task Bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pin calendar to Task Bar: How do I pin Google Calendar to Windows 10 Task Bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-calendar-to-task-bar/3ba48086-842c-4bf8-99c3-2baa18de3914
  8. How to pin printer to task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin printer to task bar: how to pin printer to task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-printer-to-task-bar/5402dbba-5ec5-45d0-8a54-bca5819fcc53
  9. pin task manager to task bar

pin task manager to task bar: Hi, I don't have a question about this I have a solution as I was looking around to find how I might do this all the answers I found were no correct. for some reason the task manager is not in the same place as other apps in windows 10 I found it by left clicking the...
  10. Pinning programmes to task bar

Pinning programmes to task bar: If we pinned a program to a task bar,It will run on ram with the startup=? Is it causes to Ram? or it is like a shortcut in the desktop?...