Windows 10: PIN in ADDITION to Windows Facial Recognition (Hello)

Discus and support PIN in ADDITION to Windows Facial Recognition (Hello) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi everyone, i scoured the internet up and down for an answer to this question and couldn't find one. "Is there any way in Windows 10 to set up the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BlueScreenThoughts, Oct 29, 2019.

1. PIN in ADDITION to Windows Facial Recognition (Hello)

Hi everyone,

i scoured the internet up and down for an answer to this question and couldn't find one.

"Is there any way in Windows 10 to set up the lock-in screen so that it will use face recognition and a PIN simultaneously?"

I would really like to have the extra feeling of security. And as far as I remember the theory isn't biometrics an identification tool and the pin the actual "key" as in the system checks if it is really me entering the code?

I'm curious for your answers,

Cheers

:)

BlueScreenThoughts, Oct 29, 2019

2. facial recognition

Hello,

Facial Recognition was developed as part of the new security features of Windows 10. We would like to confirm if you are
    trying to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello or for the
    Windows 10 Camera app?

If you are requesting to turn off the Facial Recognition feature for Windows Hello, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Under Picture password, click Remove.

However, we have yet to include the option to turn off Facial Recognition feature in Windows 10 Camera app. We suggest that you
    submit a suggestion to our Feedback Hub. Your feedback helps us continually improve your experience with our products. To submit a feedback, follow the instruction below:

• Open the Windows 10 Camera app.
    • Click the Gear icon located at the upper right corner of the screen.
    • Scroll down, click Send Feedback.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Facial recognition

Hello Bill,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we will know why the facial recognition quit working:

• Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?
    • Is there an error message when you try to sign using facial recognition?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

In the meantime, I would suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

PIN in ADDITION to Windows Facial Recognition (Hello)

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

PIN in ADDITION to Windows Facial Recognition (Hello)

1. PIN in ADDITION to Windows Facial Recognition (Hello) - Similar Threads - PIN ADDITION Facial

2. Windows 11 Windows Hello Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN "Currently Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Hello Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN "Currently Not...: Hi everyone - I've spent a few hours on this now. I've tried pretty much everything that has been suggested in various forums & threads. I just cannot get Windows Hello to work. Do I just give up? The option to set up or remove facial, fingerprint & PIN is disabled, I've...
  3. Windows 11 Windows Hello Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN "Currently Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Hello Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN "Currently Not...: Hi everyone - I've spent a few hours on this now. I've tried pretty much everything that has been suggested in various forums & threads. I just cannot get Windows Hello to work. Do I just give up? The option to set up or remove facial, fingerprint & PIN is disabled, I've...
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  5. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  6. can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    can i require PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello?: I would like to require use of PIN and Facial Recognition for Windows Hello for MFA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-require-pin-and-facial-recognition-for/7c70a589-9699-464a-b96d-c33f5a0c5597
  7. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  8. Facial Recognition Windows Hello

Facial Recognition Windows Hello: I can't setup facial recognition in my Mi Notebook Pro Laptop, it seems "this option is currently unavailable". so how can I setup windows hello in my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facial-recognition-windows-hello/0cb2d4c9-610f-4f15-8505-3152bee55cba
  9. Windows Hello Facial Recognition

Windows Hello Facial Recognition: Its been 5 months since I bought my pc. I always update it when updates are available but Windows Hello Face is always unavailable. Can this issue be solved??...
  10. Windows Hello Facial Recognition asking for PIN too

Windows Hello Facial Recognition asking for PIN too: up until recently, can't pinpoint when, i could login to my domain joined laptop with facial recognition only. now it recognises me but always asks for PIN too before i can login any ideas? not changed password, PIN. i've reset facial recog up from scratch and improve...