Windows 10: PIN INSTEAD PW

Discus and support PIN INSTEAD PW in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AslamSherwani, Oct 17, 2020.

1. PIN INSTEAD PW

I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give a PIN which is not accepted.

* Moved from MSN

:)

AslamSherwani, Oct 17, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

PIN INSTEAD PW [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

PIN INSTEAD PW [​IMG]

cobrasl, Oct 17, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 17, 2020
  4. PIN INSTEAD PW

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

PIN INSTEAD PW

1. PIN INSTEAD PW - Similar Threads - PIN INSTEAD

2. Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 pro. I set it up connected to my work MS365 account and set up PIN for easier login to the machine. When I log in with the MS password, no problems with mapped drives. When I log in with PIN, it cannot connect to the mapped drives....
  3. Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro: I recently got a new laptop with Windows 11 pro. I set it up connected to my work MS365 account and set up PIN for easier login to the machine. When I log in with the MS password, no problems with mapped drives. When I log in with PIN, it cannot connect to the mapped drives....
  4. Mapped drives don't work when logging into PC with PIN instead of password Win11Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and Windows 11I have set up Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello, for multiple fingers, but Windows Hello it is still requiring pin. When I go to Account - Windows Hello - Pin Windows Hello - Remove this sign in option, the remove button is...
  6. I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.

I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and Windows 11I have set up Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello, for multiple fingers, but Windows Hello it is still requiring pin. When I go to Account - Windows Hello - Pin Windows Hello - Remove this sign in option, the remove button is...
  7. my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.: hello. i guess there was an update or something because suddenly the only option for Login to the laptop is with a pin number which i never set. there is no other option of Login. there is no option to change the login option, and i don't have the power options....
  8. my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.: hello.i guess there was an update or something because suddenly the only option for Login to the laptop is with a pin number which i never set.there is no other option of Login. there is no option to change the login option, and i don't have the power options....
  9. my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.

my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.: hello. i guess there was an update or something because suddenly the only option for Login to the laptop is with a pin number which i never set. there is no other option of Login. there is no option to change the login option, and i don't have the power options....
  10. my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.

my windows 11 laptop keeps asking for a pin number instead of password and i can't log in.: hello.i guess there was an update or something because suddenly the only option for Login to the laptop is with a pin number which i never set.there is no other option of Login. there is no option to change the login option, and i don't have the power options....