Windows 10: PIN INSTEAD PW

Discus and support PIN INSTEAD PW in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AslamSherwani, Oct 17, 2020.

1. PIN INSTEAD PW

I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give a PIN which is not accepted.

* Moved from MSN

:)

AslamSherwani, Oct 17, 2020
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

PIN INSTEAD PW [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

PIN INSTEAD PW [​IMG]

cobrasl, Oct 17, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 17, 2020
  4. PIN INSTEAD PW

Want to sign on with PIN instead of Password

Thank you for your reply Person.

Glad to know that the Pop up with the password manager is disabled with the above suggestion.

Try the below suggestions to fix the issue with Signing in using PIN authentication.

Steps 1: Launch the File Explorer.

Step 2: Browse to this location, and delete the contents of the folder.

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

Step 3: Go to Settings (Press Windows
    and I key), Accounts > Sign in Options.

Step 4: Click on Add a PIN and set your PIN.

Step 5: Restart the computer and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

PIN INSTEAD PW

1. PIN INSTEAD PW - Similar Threads - PIN INSTEAD

2. Use PIN instead of Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Use PIN instead of Password: I have two MS accounts. One is password/PIN protected and is Administrator also. The other frequently used is only Password protected. I tried to give a PIN which is not accepted. * Moved from MSN [Original Title: PIN INSTEAD PW]...
  3. Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin: Hello I was getting some “host error” every time I’d start my computer so I followed this tutorial method number 3 to fix my problem, I disabled all windows services and restarted my computer. Upon restart it started asking me for my password which I don’t remember even tho...
  4. When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS

in Windows 10 Customization
    When will the "create a pin instead of password" bug be resolved??? I LOSED HOURS OF PROGRESS: I worked on a F thing but locked the pc as I needed quickly to do something, obviously didn't save. Come back, enter password and than I'm getting yet again the request to create a pin. Its been a long time... Tons of updates... Yet this bug hasn't been resolved.......
  5. Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint: For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either fingerprint or password. Now, when I tried to login after my laptop went to sleep, it only prompts for password. All combinations...
  6. why do i see CLSID instead of desciption when i hover with my mouse on my pinned control...

in Windows 10 Customization
    why do i see CLSID instead of desciption when i hover with my mouse on my pinned control...: Hello,after some widnows updates i noticed that the pinned controll panel items shows CLSID instead of desciptions when i hove over them with my mouse. why is that and how can i fix it? [ATTACH]...
  7. After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black...

After typing in my PIN to log on my computer, instead of the desktop, I only see black...: I don’t know if this is an appropriate place to post this but I am using window 10, normally after typing in the PIN, I will get to see my desktop (background image with apps on it) but now I just get a black screen. My mouse is still usable but that’s all, no apps, no...
  8. "Login with MS Account instead of .." Pin or Local login Failed what now?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Login with MS Account instead of .." Pin or Local login Failed what now?: I want to make use of the syncing across devices and to do that I need to log into Windows with my MS Account. I can log into MS account just fine but when it logs me in it asks for password one more time, and this fails to accept any known password to me and will not...
  9. How do I set up the called for PIN number instead of having to hit something else to put in...

How do I set up the called for PIN number instead of having to hit something else to put in...: How do I set up the called for PIN number instead of having to hit something else to put in my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-up-the-called-for-pin-number-instead/c73f726a-6913-4175-8319-aa36264b8763
  10. Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN

Windows 10 now requiring password instead of PIN: Windows 10 Professional Version 1903, OS build 18362.295 – Intel Core i5-6500T, 16GB DDR4 PIN has been established, recognized and saved. Up until a short while ago I had been able to sign on after a startup, reboot or waking from sleep. I don’t mind this benign extra...