Windows 10: Pin Issues After Update

Discus and support Pin Issues After Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don't know if this is windows problem or Microsoft, but I'm extremely frustrated. I restarted and updated my laptop, and upon it being finished, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by simonflye, Oct 14, 2018.

1. simonflye Win User

Pin Issues After Update

I don't know if this is windows problem or Microsoft, but I'm extremely frustrated. I restarted and updated my laptop, and upon it being finished, my pin no longer worked. I tried resetting it back to what it originally was, and it would not let me, as it was too simple. I understand some people want to have super secured pins and such, but the only thing I used my pin for was to unlock my laptop. It's not necessary for me to have a complex one, and it just takes up time signing in as I would forget it in an instant. I just want to use my original pin..?

:)

simonflye, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 14, 2018
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 14, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Pin Issues After Update

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 14, 2018
  5. Patrick Member
    Patrick, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Pin Issues After Update

1. Pin Issues After Update - Similar Threads - Pin Issues Update

2. PIN Blocked after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PIN Blocked after Update: I need help please. Win 10 auto updated my HP AIO last night and can't access windows. Since the update my PIN has been rejected. I read and tried every solution since 2016 I was able to on the matter. I don't have another computer or bootable disc.I tried disconnecting the...
  3. Security issues with Pin since update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security issues with Pin since update: My daughter updated her laptop windows 10 and now it is saying Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device.Click to set up pin againWhen I do this it has an email I can not access and leave me no other option.In lockdown and can't...
  4. Windows 10 update, and PIN issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update, and PIN issues.: Hello. I am having multiple issues with W10 Pro. First..I cannot use a PIN on log in. I repeatedly try to create a new PIN, but the computer will not log in. The error message states"We cannot sign in to your account." It then states to sign out ,etc. I am typing this message...
  5. Issue with PIN/password after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue with PIN/password after update: I've never used a PIN to login to my laptop, always used a password. An update ran the other night and ever since it's asking for a PIN which I obviously don't know. Yesterday the "forgot my PIN" option would work and brought me to a screen asking for my password, but it's...
  6. Windows Hello and convenience key PIN sign-in Issues after update.

Windows Hello and convenience key PIN sign-in Issues after update.: I am working with a team member whose used to have Windows Hello enabled via convenience key PIN sign-in. After an update the user indicated to me that this stopped working. Unfortunately they do not recall which update caused this, they let it go for a few months before...
  7. PIN log in issue after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN log in issue after update: The recent update made me put in a PIN, on restart I have to enter a PIN, I don't want to use the PIN, but when I go to settings to try to remove the PIN it says that the Hello welcome PIN is not set up, yet I have to enter the PIN on the welcome screen on restarts and I have...
  8. PIN Issue

PIN Issue: Hi, I wanted to change my current PIN. However, I couldn't find the option to. [ATTACH] This is what I see. As you can see, there are no PIN option and windows hello PIN is not available. [ATTACH] I know my PIN but I want to change it. My laptop is a Huawei D15....
  9. pin issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin issue: pin sign in went missing after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-issue/b7d97ec7-e0f4-40d2-b1c2-d333c4e2d802
  10. PIN issues

PIN issues: Hi, I am trying to create a new PIN because I am not able to remember which it will be. But I feel very frustrate doing that because I get stuck in the same spot every time I do it. I enter my user and password and then when I hit forgot my PIN, asked me about the way to...