Windows 10: PIN locked over and over

Discus and support PIN locked over and over in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Yesterday, tells me my PIN is wrong, it wasn't wrong. Told me to sign in to MS account, then reset PIN, I did that. Then to sign into it, put my code... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DebraRhed, Jan 4, 2021.

1. DebraRhed Win User

PIN locked over and over

Yesterday, tells me my PIN is wrong, it wasn't wrong. Told me to sign in to MS account, then reset PIN, I did that. Then to sign into it, put my code in to verify it's me from my phone, etc.. Then to sign in again. Each time it locks me out. Is that from an update? It will not allow me any more tries today.

:)

DebraRhed, Jan 4, 2021
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jan 4, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 4, 2021
  4. PIN locked over and over

Unable to go into safe mode to change pin

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error that you are getting after entering the PIN?
    2. Is there any other administrator user account on the laptop?
    3. Are you entering the correct PIN?

If you have signed in with your Microsoft Account, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to recover your PIN and password from the lock screen and check if this helps.

If you are not able to recover your PIN or password, then the only way to login to your laptop is to do a
    Custom Installation of Windows, in which you will lose all your applications; however, your user data like pictures, videos, documents, etc., will be saved in Windows.old
    folder.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

PIN locked over and over

1. PIN locked over and over - Similar Threads - PIN locked

2. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  3. My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has completely locked me out. I cannot get any internet whatsoever and the pin I used...: Hi everyone,My PC is having a problem. Last night it was working perfectly, but now all of a sudden I cannot log in at all. Not only that, the pin I used to get in is now incorrect, and I have no internet connection. I can’t get any internet, I only have the airplane mode...
  4. my windows 10 is pin locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my windows 10 is pin locked: Hi my windows 10 is pin locked* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-is-pin-locked/c2e5b099-19c8-450c-8b7b-c5f4d0e07000
  5. In my Lock Screen, I can't get the Enter PIN display, clicking "Sign In" doesn't do anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my Lock Screen, I can't get the Enter PIN display, clicking "Sign In" doesn't do anything.: Hi, so previously my laptop has been blocked by BitLocker which required me to insert the recovery key. It didn't allow me to do that, but then I used other methods to access back my laptop. However, when I finally can normally access the windows, I noticed my Windows...
  6. In my Lock Screen, I can't get the Enter PIN display, clicking "Sign In" doesn't do anything.

In my Lock Screen, I can't get the Enter PIN display, clicking "Sign In" doesn't do anything.: Hi, so previously my laptop has been blocked by BitLocker which required me to insert the recovery key. It didn't allow me to do that, but then I used other methods to access back my laptop. However, when I finally can normally access the windows, I noticed my Windows...
  7. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  8. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  9. Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...

Local Admin account. Neither fingerprint, nor PIN nor Password accepted anymore. Locked out...: I alway used my microsoft account for logging into my device with reduced priviliges. I have a local Admin account that i use to verify installations and everything else that needs admin-rights. To make that easier i have set up a fingerprint-scanner.Now suddenly my...
  10. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac