Windows 10: PIN log in issue after update

Discus and support PIN log in issue after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The recent update made me put in a PIN, on restart I have to enter a PIN, I don't want to use the PIN, but when I go to settings to try to remove the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottNoel, Jan 2, 2021.

1. ScottNoel Win User

PIN log in issue after update

The recent update made me put in a PIN, on restart I have to enter a PIN, I don't want to use the PIN, but when I go to settings to try to remove the PIN it says that the Hello welcome PIN is not set up, yet I have to enter the PIN on the welcome screen on restarts and I have checked not to enter PIN on restart, I am not very technosavy. This is a home computer that I do not need or want a PIN for. This annoys the everloving **** out of me. ****

:)

ScottNoel, Jan 2, 2021

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Jan 2, 2021
  3. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      PIN log in issue after update [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Clairejj Win User

cant log in using pin anymore

I followed the steps. Now the "add" pin button no longer works. I click on it and it does nothing.

Clairejj, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. PIN log in issue after update - Similar Threads - PIN log issue

2. Password log on gone - PIN issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  3. Password log on gone - PIN issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password log on gone - PIN issue: Until yesterday, I logged on with a password.Today I am locked out. Pc asks for pin, which I know and enter. I then get the message that credentials aren’t recognised. I was asked to reset pin but the whole process fails eventually, after doing security checks, logging in in...
  4. PIN and log in issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and log in issues: Hello - I picked up a reimaged Microsoft Laptop three days ago. Set it up no issue, although no password option. Working find for day, then message on opening screen 'Your PIN is required to sign in' - select 'sign in options' and get message "your PIN is no longer...
  5. PIN and log in issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and log in issues: Hello - I picked up a reimaged Microsoft Laptop three days ago. Set it up no issue, although no password option. Working find for day, then message on opening screen 'Your PIN is required to sign in' - select 'sign in options' and get message "your PIN is no longer...
  6. PIN and log in issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Issue with PIN/password after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issue with PIN/password after update: I've never used a PIN to login to my laptop, always used a password. An update ran the other night and ever since it's asking for a PIN which I obviously don't know. Yesterday the "forgot my PIN" option would work and brought me to a screen asking for my password, but it's...
  8. Pin Issues After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pin Issues After Update: I don't know if this is windows problem or Microsoft, but I'm extremely frustrated. I restarted and updated my laptop, and upon it being finished, my pin no longer worked. I tried resetting it back to what it originally was, and it would not let me, as it was too simple. I...
  9. Log in issue after update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in issue after update: After updating this Tuesday I now have to enter my log-in pin twice. Is this a glitch or a new feature I need to adjust? thanks Bill 96000
  10. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update: After the Windows 10 Anniversary update, when I try to sign in with my pin, it says the pin I entered is incorrect. I know it is the correct pin number. It's the same pin I've used since installing Windows 10. I have to sign in using my password. I want to go back to...