Windows 10: pin log in makes me do it twice every time

Discus and support pin log in makes me do it twice every time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; when logging in i have to enter the pin number twice the first time says to restart the comp the second time takes all help greatly appreciated 66166 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dmesal, Oct 6, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

pin log in makes me do it twice every time

when logging in i have to enter the pin number twice the first time says to restart the comp the second time takes

all help greatly appreciated

:)

dmesal, Oct 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 has me log in twice every time i Boot up (or restart)

Since feature update to windows 10 version 1709, when I boot up and log in (using a PIN) I am taken to a second, identical screen where I have to log in again. After that everything (so far) seems to work okay. This is annoying since before the update
    I had no problems. I went to settings and in 'Your Info@ section I saw that for some reason I had to verify my account which I did, but this made no difference to the double log in problem

Kenny

KennyBeaton, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 has me log in twice every time i Boot up (or restart)

The issue you're experiencing might be due to corrupted user settings. To help you resolve this issue, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Select Settings> Accounts> Sign-in options.
    • In the Privacy section, turn off Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, we suggest that you run SFC (System File Check) and DISM. System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. DISM performs repair operation automatically,
    and records that corruption to the log file.

Refer to this article and follow the instructions given to run SFC and
    DISM.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 6, 2016
Thema:

pin log in makes me do it twice every time

1. pin log in makes me do it twice every time - Similar Threads - pin log makes

2. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC needs to be started twice every time.: Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up...
  3. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC needs to be started twice every time.: Hello!I have a problem since a windows update in December. Somehow when I try to start my PC, it only shows a black screen with an underscore in the top left corner. I need to press the power button of my PC sp that i shuts down. When I start it up then, it will start up...
  4. PC needs to be started twice every time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PIN required at every log-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  6. PIN required at every log-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  7. Log in every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in every time: Hi, I have a windows 10 desktop. I have been able to log into my accounts without any trouble. Recently I have had to have someone call or send me a text with a password so I can log on. It gets to be a pain. These are sites I use every day, and I am the only one who uses...
  8. Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.: I want it to stop. I want to log in as I have been without having to click past the blue screen fingerprint prompts. Every. Single. Time. I. Log. In. It's fudging annoying and I've disabled the bits other advice has said to disable and it's still happening. How do...
  9. How do I stop Windows Hello prompting me to set up a pin every time I log on

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows Hello prompting me to set up a pin every time I log on: Every time I log on, Windows is showing an annoying blue screen asking me to set up a pin, which I don't want to do. I have to click through to set it up and then click cancel. I have tried going into settings and disabling. I have also been into Windows Defender and...
  10. Enter PIN number twice every login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enter PIN number twice every login: After a recent update (not sure which, the first couple times I thought I had entered the pin wrong), I enter my pin number (correctly), and the screen refreshes and I have to reenter the pin, this time the pc accepts it and logs in. I am making sure that I am entering...