Windows 10: PIN login not available

Discus and support PIN login not available in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have not been able to use my preferred log in method for several weeks. Although I can set and change my PIN in Settings, when it comes to logging in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by clayto, Oct 20, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

PIN login not available

I have not been able to use my preferred log in method for several weeks. Although I can set and change my PIN in Settings, when it comes to logging in I get the unhelpful something has happened response and the PIN option is unavailable. Fortunately I can still use my PASSWORD so unlike some users I am not locked out, but a PIN is the preferred option and I would like to use it.

:)

clayto, Oct 20, 2020

2. Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Oct 20, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 20, 2020
  4. PIN login not available

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

PIN login not available

1. PIN login not available - Similar Threads - PIN login available

2. LOGIN PIN ISSUE/PIN NOT AVAILABLE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOGIN PIN ISSUE/PIN NOT AVAILABLE.: I RECENTLY CHANGED MY WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT RUN SETTINGS WIN+R IN MS CONFIG SYSTEM SETTINGS AND TASK MANAGER START UP FUNCTION DISABLE ALL AFTER APPLY AND RESTART AFTER WHEN RESTART PC, NOW I AM FACING A ISSUE REGARDING NOW LOGIN WINDOWS IN PIN. PLEASE PRODUCE HELP POINTS...
  3. LOGIN PIN ISSUE/PIN NOT AVAILABLE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOGIN PIN ISSUE/PIN NOT AVAILABLE.: I RECENTLY CHANGED MY WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT RUN SETTINGS WIN+R IN MS CONFIG SYSTEM SETTINGS AND TASK MANAGER START UP FUNCTION DISABLE ALL AFTER APPLY AND RESTART AFTER WHEN RESTART PC, NOW I AM FACING A ISSUE REGARDING NOW LOGIN WINDOWS IN PIN. PLEASE PRODUCE HELP POINTS...
  4. LOGIN PIN ISSUE/PIN NOT AVAILABLE.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin isn’t available on login.: I’ve been able to get into the recovery environment but couldn’t remember my password so I reset it. But now it’s not accepting my password that I reset it to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-isnt-available-on-login/05b13025-3ba7-4c11-ac2c-baf17231ac96
  6. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isn’t available on login.: I’ve been able to get into the recovery environment but couldn’t remember my password so I reset it. But now it’s not accepting my password that I reset it to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-isnt-available-on-login/05b13025-3ba7-4c11-ac2c-baf17231ac96
  7. Pin isn’t available on login.

8. Pin login app not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin login app not available: I went into safe mode due to system locking up. When I changed out of Safe mode and restarted I had a screen that said there was no pin App. No other method of login is available. Everything I have tried required a pin. I have even tried to reload windows from the cloud but...
  9. Pin login app not available

Pin login app not available: I went into safe mode due to system locking up. When I changed out of Safe mode and restarted I had a screen that said there was no pin App. No other method of login is available. Everything I have tried required a pin. I have even tried to reload windows from the cloud but...
  10. Login Problems: PIN is not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Problems: PIN is not available: There is an ongoing problem with Windows 10 when logging in. After providing my PIN number I get a message that says "your PIN is not available." I then am given an option to re-set my PIN. Starting this process I'm asked for my password, which is accepted. Then I'm...