Windows 10: PIN login problems when not connected to Internet

Discus and support PIN login problems when not connected to Internet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why am I unable to log into Windows 10 with PIN when I am not connected to the Internet? This is a nuisance as I just want to use my laptop locally... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShobhiSodha, May 11, 2020.

1. PIN login problems when not connected to Internet

Why am I unable to log into Windows 10 with PIN when I am not connected to the Internet? This is a nuisance as I just want to use my laptop locally without having to have the Internet connection.

This is a particular issue when I am moving around and need to access data on my laptop

:)

ShobhiSodha, May 11, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 11, 2020
  3. Win 10 PIN Login problem. PIN cant unlock my PC if there is no internet

Hi Pranjal,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

Are you able to login to computer using Pin when you connect computer to Internet?

I suggest you to change the PIN on your computer and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to setup a PIN

• Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.
    • Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.
    • Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.
    • From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.
    If you want to change the PIN please follow these steps.

• You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:
    • Press the Windows+S key combination to display the Search box.
    • Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.
    • Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.
    • Enter your Windows password, then click the Ok button.
    • Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.
    • Click the Finish button.
    • Exit the PIN setup utility.

In case of any further queries please contact us, we are glad to assist you.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Sudharshan M K, May 11, 2020
  4. PIN login problems when not connected to Internet

Login problem with no internet connection.

Hello Lizgill,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with not able to login to your system. We will certainly help you.

For the new password to sync in your device the internet connection should work. As we see that you are using wireless connection, we suggest you to use Ethernet (Wired) Internet connection and then try to login. This is the best possible attempt
    we can do to see if you are able to login to your system. Once you are logged in we can proceed further with the network troubleshooting steps on your system.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 11, 2020
Thema:

PIN login problems when not connected to Internet

1. PIN login problems when not connected to Internet - Similar Threads - PIN login problems

2. no internet connection when trying to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no internet connection when trying to login: whenever i try to login to apps like xbox gamebar, the minecraft launcher, Microsoft store, it always says you need an internet connection for this and shows the error 0x800704cf even though i do have internet. I've tried troubleshooting my network, and tried lto login on...
  3. no internet connection when trying to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no internet connection when trying to login: whenever i try to login to apps like xbox gamebar, the minecraft launcher, Microsoft store, it always says you need an internet connection for this and shows the error 0x800704cf even though i do have internet. I've tried troubleshooting my network, and tried lto login on...
  4. no internet connection when trying to login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Pin Login Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Pin Login Problem: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 and everything has worked fine until today and I can not get to my desktop . At the Microsoft sign in it asks you for your pin, but it does not recognize my pin. I get this message, Your credentials could not be verified. Something is...
  6. no connection to internet and PIN not working

no connection to internet and PIN not working: i had an issue where i downloaded a program that was supposed to be a mini player for spotify on your taskbar. Soon after i installed it my desktop went black and i was not able to interact with anything. I did “ctrl+alt+del” and opened my task manager and through that i...
  7. Connected to internet, can't login

Connected to internet, can't login: When I am online, I cannot log in to Windows 10. When I enter my password or pin it says "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." I used chrome remote desktop to access the computer... So I am for sure connected to the internet....
  8. Problem when connected to internet in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem when connected to internet in windows 10: If I connect the internet to windows 10 it sucking the internet. I am having limited data plan. Although I use the option metered connection its using all the internet. System is using internet in background. Please help me .....
  9. Login Problems: PIN is not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Problems: PIN is not available: There is an ongoing problem with Windows 10 when logging in. After providing my PIN number I get a message that says "your PIN is not available." I then am given an option to re-set my PIN. Starting this process I'm asked for my password, which is accepted. Then I'm...
  10. Can’t connect to internet when in login screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t connect to internet when in login screen: After reseting my laptop because of the blue screen of death problem, I tried to login back to my laptop by putting my password in. But it says that is incorrect, then I found out that my computer is not connected to the Wi-fi even though before restarting, it did connect to...