Windows 10: PIN Logon Greyed Out

Discus and support PIN Logon Greyed Out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if any one of you can help me. I have a laptop with Windows Home edition. I clicked the "remove pin" in the sign in options... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JaySky, Aug 14, 2019.

1. JaySky Win User

PIN Logon Greyed Out

Hello,

I was wondering if any one of you can help me. I have a laptop with Windows Home edition. I clicked the "remove pin" in the sign in options because at that time I thought I don't want it. Now I want this option however the "add" pin is now disabled. I tried to look solutions online. One of them says to edit the group policy, the windows 10 home edition however does not have the gpedit.msc. I tried the other method suggested which is to go to regedit and add a dword in the system. This did not work either. Is there another way to return the. I have the latest Windows 10 home. Thank you.

:)

JaySky, Aug 14, 2019

2. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 14, 2019
  3. rparkster Win User
    PIN logon

Why can't I change the logon back to the password and not the PIN? How do I change the default for this? and why isnt this easy after the update?

rparkster, Aug 14, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

PIN Logon Greyed Out

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

PIN Logon Greyed Out

1. PIN Logon Greyed Out - Similar Threads - PIN Logon Greyed

2. change my pin is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change my pin is greyed out: i want to change my and its greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-pin-is-greyed-out/32d8fc5c-c5ef-4b8d-a627-3c795a41b80b
  3. change my pin is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change my pin is greyed out: i want to change my and its greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-pin-is-greyed-out/32d8fc5c-c5ef-4b8d-a627-3c795a41b80b
  4. Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out: I am trying to setup PIN Windows Hello. The 'Setup' button is greyed out and is not clickable. I have never used any of the Windows Hello features on this PC....
  5. Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out

Windows Hello Pin 'Setup' button is greyed out: I am trying to setup PIN Windows Hello. The 'Setup' button is greyed out and is not clickable. I have never used any of the Windows Hello features on this PC....
  6. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  7. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows: I have some apps that are pinned on the taskbar, however it is not clickable and it is greyed out. I am unable to unpin those application and the only thing that I can click is the file explorer. I have Windows 10 Home and I restarted the computer and still the same....
  8. Pinned apps are greyed out on my Windows

9. PIN code greyed out without biometric sensor ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN code greyed out without biometric sensor ?: Good afternoon, I wanted to configure a PIN code in order to login to my computer, however this is greyed out (fingerprint is also greyed out). I don't have a biometric sensor on my laptop, I connected a keyboard with a biometric sensor, but PIN code is still greyed out....
  10. PIN and picture password grey out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN and picture password grey out: After I installed windows 10 ISO, I thought everything was well. But in 'Settings' ->'Accounts'->'Sign-in options'. 1) PIN and picture password went grey out. [IMG] And I followed this link( https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-pin-sign-disabled-domain-users-windows)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows hello LOG IN PIN greyed out

2. windows hello pin remove greyed out

3. windows hello pin remove greyed out after 2019 update

4. pin option greyed out,
  5. windows 10 sign in pin greyed out