Windows 10: PIN Logon Greyed Out

Discus and support PIN Logon Greyed Out in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if any one of you can help me. I have a laptop with Windows Home edition. I clicked the "remove pin" in the sign in options... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JaySky, Aug 14, 2019.

1. JaySky Win User

PIN Logon Greyed Out

Hello,

I was wondering if any one of you can help me. I have a laptop with Windows Home edition. I clicked the "remove pin" in the sign in options because at that time I thought I don't want it. Now I want this option however the "add" pin is now disabled. I tried to look solutions online. One of them says to edit the group policy, the windows 10 home edition however does not have the gpedit.msc. I tried the other method suggested which is to go to regedit and add a dword in the system. This did not work either. Is there another way to return the. I have the latest Windows 10 home. Thank you.

:)

JaySky, Aug 14, 2019

2. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 14, 2019
  3. rparkster Win User
    PIN logon

Why can't I change the logon back to the password and not the PIN? How do I change the default for this? and why isnt this easy after the update?

rparkster, Aug 14, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

PIN Logon Greyed Out

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

PIN Logon Greyed Out

1. PIN Logon Greyed Out - Similar Threads - PIN Logon Greyed

2. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  3. Initialize Disk is greyed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Initialize Disk is greyed out: Hello people of the earth I bought a new 240gb kingston ssd and i plugged it in my laptop using a sata adapter. When i check the disk management it shows that its not initialized and when i try to initialize it the initizalize disk is greyed out here's a sample screenshot....
  4. Intermittent pin logon failures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Intermittent pin logon failures: I am experiencing intermittent pin logon failures. It is random, sometimes logging me in and other times reporting pin is not available. I disabled the pin for now....
  5. PIN and picture password grey out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN and picture password grey out: After I installed windows 10 ISO, I thought everything was well. But in 'Settings' ->'Accounts'->'Sign-in options'. 1) PIN and picture password went grey out. [IMG] And I followed this link( https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-pin-sign-disabled-domain-users-windows)...
  6. Maximise button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximise button is greyed out: Hello, I am working on a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop running windows 10. I have installed some software to color calibrate the screen, however I am unable to maximise the start up screen to be able to read the directions. I have tried uninstalling the software, I have...
  7. System Protection greyed out

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Protection greyed out: [img] I tried > Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\>reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore" /v "DisableSR" /f ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or...
  8. Password selection greyed out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password selection greyed out: Everytime for the last day that I have turned on my netbook (Toshiba kirabook) the password box would be greyed out, not letting me click on it and type in my password. The shut down and switch user buttons are also greyed out as well. I've had windows 10 downloaded now for a...
  9. Auto rotate greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto rotate greyed out: Updated my wife’s tablet today (16 Jan 2018) latest version After update the auto rotate disappears and NONE of the registry fixes to be found on-line restore it. Have had to uninstall latest update. Not good as I like tO keep her up to date. Any fixes that work or...
  10. windows services greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    windows services greyed out: hi there, I'm having this problem in windows services, windows update service is greyed out and I can't change from automatic to manual, and windows Installer have the same problem. I want to be able to change to manual, I have try with admin account still nothing. Any help...