Windows 10: pin more items to star menu

Discus and support pin more items to star menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; using windows 10 1903 pro i would like to pin more to the star menu, instead of the usual nine items i don't mind swithing to small icons (i even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vanderzee, Dec 8, 2019.

1. pin more items to star menu

using windows 10 1903 pro

i would like to pin more to the star menu, instead of the usual nine items

i don't mind swithing to small icons (i even prefere it), nor using a third party software

is there a way to do this?

idk if it is important info, but i'm currently using startisback to restore the lost functionality of the start menu

many thanks

submitted by /u/vanderzee
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vanderzee, Dec 8, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Where do you find the list of items pinned to the start menu?

A reasonable 'guess' following a couple of simple experiments suggests the registry:

pin more items to star menu [​IMG]

- note the name there.

- unless the data is held where access is restricted e.g. the WindowsApps folder.

dalchina, Dec 8, 2019
  3. BillLipe Win User
    Recent Items on Start Menu in Windows 10

I have found that there is a line in File Explorer that is like the old Recent Items list.

It is called Quick Access.

Look for it at the top of the file list on the left side, it has a blue star next to it.

It displays Frequent Folders as well as Recent Files.

When you 'right-click' the Quick Access line you can click Pin To Start.

After pinning it to the Start Menu it will be near the bottom of the list of Apps.

I did a 'click and hold' while dragging it to the top of the Apps list.

I then 'right-clicked' the Quick Access button/icon and clicked 'Resize" and clicked 'small'.

This shows up as a small blue square with a star in it.

Just click the star and there are your recently accessed items along with frequently used folders.

BillLipe, Dec 8, 2019
  4. pin more items to star menu

Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly you’re trying to remove pinned tiles from start menu?

I understand that you are unable to remove the pinned item from the Start menu.

Please follow the steps below to remove pinned item from the Start Menu:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Expand Start menu.
    • Right Click on the pinned item and select Unpin from Start menu
    If you are still facing issues while removing the site, please share a screenshot of the issue, so that we can further assist you.

Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot and to upload with your reply:

• Find Print screen Key on your keyboard.
    • To Capture Screen Image, press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key once, your screen will be captured and stored in clipboard.
    • Now open any image editing application in Windows like Microsoft Paint and then press Ctrl + V key to paste the taken Screenshot of the Image on Paint and then save it by pressing Ctrl + S button.
    • After you have saved the file, click on Reply button.
    • Click on insert Image option and select the image file that you have saved.
    • Now click Submit.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

pin more items to star menu

1. pin more items to star menu - Similar Threads - pin more items

2. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  3. Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to pin a start menu item to Windows Tile: I tried to pin my Camera start menu item to a tile in Windows. At first it worked & I saw it move over, then something happened, I heard a beep & it disappeared. Now it is not giving me the option to move it there again, but it thinks it is already there but it is not. Can...
  4. Star menu/start screen

Star menu/start screen: After Latest update of Windows 10 attempting to access start results in 'critical fault we will try to fix the problem on next sign in' sign out now. been going on for days, luckily if I don't press windows icon or key I can access computer. Reported in feedback but no help...
  5. Pinned items disappear in start menu

Pinned items disappear in start menu: I'm facing a problem recently. I pinned some softwares in start menu. But when I turned on my PC again, I saw that they are missing !!! I've pinned again and they disappeared again Would you like to tell me that what's the problem and how can I fix it?...
  6. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  7. Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Item pinned to Start Menu is not visible: I pinned Windows Update to my Start Menu. After some time, I noticed it was gone and tried to re-pin it. But when I right-clicked on the setting, all that showed up was "Unpin from Start." Selecting that option causes the dialog window to crash/close. As things stand, I...
  8. Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinning items to left side of Start Menu?: ....referring to the huge blank space Microsoft has provided on the left side of the start menu below the "most used" programs and above the folders selected in the Personalization/Start settings. Is this not customizable? Or has anyone figured out a workaround for this...
  9. Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with pinning items to start menu in win10: Hey guys. Lately Windows has started behaving really odd in the way it deals with pinning. It was fine when I first set up win10 but now it doesn't work properly. I want to see if I can resolve this as I really don't feel like wiping and installing everything again....
  10. Restart Issues, Star Menu Critical Error, and more...

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart Issues, Star Menu Critical Error, and more...: I'm just going to write down all the issues I have been having with this computer since I bought it; 1) Unable to restart, sometimes gets stuck on windows update (if there is one), and even if there isn't an update, it will still get stuck on the restart window and force...