Windows 10: Pin msconfig as tile

Discus and support Pin msconfig as tile in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried to pin a desktop shortcut of msconfig system app as tile to the start metro screen but refuses to pin. It doesn't even exists 'Pin to Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by georgioumarios, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Pin msconfig as tile

I tried to pin a desktop shortcut of msconfig system app as tile to the start metro screen but refuses to pin.
    It doesn't even exists 'Pin to Start screen' selection when i right click the shortcut. What should i do?
    I even copied the shortcut to the 'All Apps' folder and appeared on the left to the up and down app list but i can't
    drag to start screen as tile.

:)

georgioumarios, Feb 11, 2016

2. WP 8 GPS tracking with Bing health and fitness doesn't work with locked screeen

Do you have to start the app from the pinned tile too?

Because I had it pinned but I started tracking from within the health and fitness app, not the pinned tile. And it didn't work.

If it does work when starting it via the pinned tile, that's still a workaround, so that's still a bug.

Koert van Kleef, Feb 11, 2016
  3. BobJedel Win User
    Widows 10 live tiles customize.

Is there any chance to customize image of the live tile of web sites pinned to start menu? All pinned tiles looks the same with edge logo on it.

BobJedel, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Pin msconfig as tile

In the All Apps menu>> Windows administrative tools>> choose System Configuration & right click that.

Pin msconfig as tile [​IMG]

Or you can do it from Control Panel:

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
  5. System Configuration selection does not exist.

6. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
  7. 'Pin to Start' option dissappeared for all apps and shortcuts. It was there before.

8. Cliff S New Member

Pin msconfig as tile

You don't have the Pin to start choice for any program or app?

Do you have this folder: C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs ?

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
  9. I don't have the Pin to start choice anymore. I do have this folder.

10. Cliff S New Member
    I know this is the dumbest(almost cliché) question, but it does work sometimes, have you tried re-booting?
    If you have try and copy & paste the following in an Admin Command Prompt:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

And let it run through.
    Then reboot and run it again, to check if it cleaned and fixed everything.
    It may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD),
    and it may appear to freeze at 20% on the third part,
    just be patient and let in run out.

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
  11. Didn't helped.

12. Cliff S New Member
    Are you using any 3rd party theme patchers or other theming tools?

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
  13. Pin msconfig as tile

No.

14. Cliff S New Member
    The only other thing I can think of is trying it in C:\WindowsSystem32

If you don't have it there, please wait until someone else sees this thread and can help.

Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
  15. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

Pin msconfig as tile

1. Pin msconfig as tile - Similar Threads - Pin msconfig tile

2. How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?: Good afternoon all, My new laptop double as a tablet. by swiveling the screen all the back back. Now that the weather is getting better I would like to use my laptop as a tablet whil sipping coffee outside. All seems to work ok . . . BUT . . . . I have a basic issue that I...
  3. pin tile option unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin tile option unavailable: pin tile option unavailable on Edge .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-tile-option-unavailable/0ffb31ab-30ef-4538-89da-ddab8ebe3dd4
  4. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  5. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  6. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  7. Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned

Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned: Totally bizarre problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? We've got a reasonably small network with approx 30 workstations and 3 Servers. Users can pin icons to their start menu and tiles, no problem. They can also pin icons to the taskbar, no...
  8. Pinning my feed tiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning my feed tiles: When I open Edge to the Microsoft News feed, I am having to re-pin my feed tiles to keep them on the screen. Is there something I can do to permanently keep the tiles pinned? Thanks in advance....
  9. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...