Windows 10: PIN no longer available on new Surface Go.

Discus and support PIN no longer available on new Surface Go. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LindsayWalsh, Jun 8, 2020.

1. PIN no longer available on new Surface Go.

I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options."

I never changed any settings. When I try face recognition it says "Your PIN is required".

I have no way of getting into any settings or menu. I can see this is a well known issue with new devices and am yet to find that Microsoft can answer the problem.

I tried to return the device however, they can return it until I get it unlocked by Microsoft. Argh this is so painful at this time!!! Trying to home school and work from home with COVID. Please help!!

on the same screen I think you refer to this as the "lock screen", there appear the language setting, the WiFi signal strength indicator, the power button, and the narrator/magnifier/on-screen keyboard control. There is no place to click to to get to settings > accounts > sign-in options.

So here I am with a brand new Microsoft Go and it doesn't work because Microsoft has done something to it.

the machine came with Windows 10 already installed. There was no upgrade from previous versions.

I DID NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE SECURITY SETTINGS. Apparently Microsoft did so between the time I started the set up of the machine and the time I tried to open it again.

:)

LindsayWalsh, Jun 8, 2020

2. Pin is no longer available and there's no password option

I just set up a new Surface Laptop but my pin is "no longer available" and I don't have a prompt to put in my password instead. Is there a fix?

aperson_117, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Your PIN is no longer available

I have a different version of the PIN issue... Brand new Pro6. i setup facial recognition... activated office... accepted some kind of update... seems normal for a brand new machine....

next day... turn on asks for a PIN... but then tells me my PIN is no longer working... Facial and PW do not work,,, there are no restore points to go back to... have done the hard reset and soft reset trying to get back to the original version of W10...
    no luck... no backup... nomability to restore on my new surface 6... love the device... looking for an adult beverage after several hours reviewing hundreds of posts...

any suggestions?

Michael

MichaelLight1, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Nikkipj Win User

PIN no longer available on new Surface Go.

Pin no longer available.

Set up my new acer laptop running windows 10 with a pin. Shut down for the night and now it won't let me sign in Says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. But I can't actually get into the computer
    to change any settings. Please help! .

Nikkipj, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

PIN no longer available on new Surface Go.

1. PIN no longer available on new Surface Go. - Similar Threads - PIN longer available

2. PIN No longer available

in Windows 10 Customization
    PIN No longer available: How do I fix this? I only replace my motherboard and CPU, and I can't sign in because only airplane mode shows up. I've tried resetting the PC, startup, deleting updates, etc. Nothing seems to work at all. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated....
  3. PIN no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer available: Yesterday, the motherboard of my PC was replaced by Dell Technician. When I switched on the PC after the completion of service and setup of some things already done by the Dell technician, it showed "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on...
  4. PIN no longer available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN no longer available: Yesterday, the motherboard of my PC was replaced by Dell Technician. When I switched on the PC after the completion of service and setup of some things already done by the Dell technician, it showed "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on...
  5. pin is no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin is no longer available: I can not get onto my laptop my pin is no longer available and I have forgotten my password can someone please help me. Original Title - Angela Smith https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-is-no-longer-available/d66de896-1a58-4d45-9f16-e592a24e9dfe
  6. Pin no longer available.

Pin no longer available.: Set up my new acer laptop running windows 10 with a pin. Shut down for the night and now it won't let me sign in Says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. But I can't actually get into the computer to change any...
  7. PIN no longer available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN no longer available: No search box to even get to settings. cant do anything. Any advice. Pin no longer available due to change in security settings it says?? I didnt change anything just got laptop 2 days ago cant even use it...
  8. Surface Go. Locked out. Pin no longer available because of security changes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Go. Locked out. Pin no longer available because of security changes.: I just set up my Surface Go yesterday and turned it off. Today I tried to turn it on and received a message that my PIN is no longer available because there have been security settings on the device have changed. I cannot figure out how to login to the Surface and there...
  9. PIN no longer available

PIN no longer available: I get this message that my PIN is no longer available and that I need to go to the settings and set up again however I cannot even get to the settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-no-longer-available/6765f1d7-7d65-4368-999f-98b83dd784e2
  10. Pin no longer available

Pin no longer available: we ought my mom a new computer and set it up. The next day we tried to open it and a screen comes up and says pin is no loner avaialbe due to change in security settings. It says to go to sett8ngs account sign in options but we canr even get there. What do we do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft surface go your pin is no longer available due to