Windows 10: PIN no longer working

Discus and support PIN no longer working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to use my new laptop and this message pops up when I try to do anything . I don't know how to get the settings to change my PIN[IMG]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pjlopez102, Apr 25, 2020.

1. PIN no longer working

I tried to use my new laptop and this message pops up when I try to do anything . I don't know how to get the settings to change my PINPIN no longer working [​IMG]

:)

pjlopez102, Apr 25, 2020

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Can't use my PIN to login any longer

Hi Tim,

To further assist you in signing in to your Windows computer, you can follow the steps provided below:

• From your
      lockscreen, check if the "Sign-in option" is available.

• Then click the option to use PIN.

• Enter PIN.

If that didn't work, we highly suggest that you create a new account/PIN that you can use to log in to your computer.

For more information on how to create a user account in Windows, you can click in this

support article

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Fuj, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

PIN no longer working

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

PIN no longer working

1. PIN no longer working - Similar Threads - PIN longer working

2. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  3. Pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin no longer works: how can i change the user in windows, my wife passed away and i am using her computer since mine was pretty old, i have her pin but don't have her password and it's not a current email, the pin used to work now it doesn't now...
  4. PIN no longer works following Bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer works following Bios update: I recently updated to Windows 11. After it updated to that, it then went straight to updating the Bios. After the updates were completed it says "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up you PIN again." When I go...
  5. PIN no longer works following Bios update

PIN no longer works following Bios update: I recently updated to Windows 11. After it updated to that, it then went straight to updating the Bios. After the updates were completed it says "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up you PIN again." When I go...
  6. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  7. After update my pin no longer works.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update my pin no longer works.: I updated my pc, the next morning I turned it on and it says my pin is no longer available due to security settings. I've tried everything google knows with no positive results. Anyone else have this issue? I work from home so this needs to be resolved asap!!...
  8. Windows 10 home pin no longer working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 home pin no longer working: Hey all, Recently my windows 10 pin stopped working. When I go to sign in it says 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.' If I click, it just displays an infinite loading circle. I can still...
  9. Pin to start no longer works

Pin to start no longer works: After the last windows 10 software update, there are several problems. The most annoying is that the pin to start no longer works. Can that be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-start-no-longer-works/f1ca1526-ce8a-4e4b-a8da-f8ac03219fde
  10. Password not known and pin no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password not known and pin no longer works: I have always used my pin in windows 10. I tried to guess at password and failed. I needed password to be able to access from another computer, so I went through change of password with admin command prompt. Something went wron. When I try to enter the pin, it states the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:\windows\serviceprofiles\localservice\appdata\local\microsoft\ngc.