Windows 10: pin not needed after sleep

Discus and support pin not needed after sleep in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After a recent update , I am assuming a features update , my comp. goes to home screen after waking up. Pin is no longer required. I need to have my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DNidaho, Mar 3, 2021.

1. DNidaho Win User

pin not needed after sleep

After a recent update , I am assuming a features update , my comp. goes to home screen after waking up. Pin is no longer required. I need to have my pin used after waking up.

I have of course made sure settings show I need pin after waking. I have deleted NGC folder. I have deleted contents from NGC folder. I have renamed NGC folder. Nothing works in requiring a pin after wake up. I need pin to sign in after starting computer but then home screen is available all day.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

:)

DNidaho, Mar 3, 2021

2. Recover from sleep without PIN number

You need to execute following steps to recover from sleep without PIN number

Windows Key+I to invoke Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Click in the Require sign in list box > Choose Never

Vijay_Verma, Mar 3, 2021
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 3, 2021
  4. pin not needed after sleep

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

pin not needed after sleep

1. pin not needed after sleep - Similar Threads - pin needed sleep

2. PIN isn’t working after woke up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN isn’t working after woke up from sleep: Hi there.The title says it all.What I do to fix this is I restart my PC. Or I reset the PIN like it suggests...BUT ... this keeps happening. And that should not be the case... right?Best regardsRamon...
  3. Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?: I want this PC to require a pin any time it wakes from sleep, restarts, or is shut all the down and starts back up.Right now it is only requiring the pin on wake up from sleep which doesn't make much sense to me....
  4. Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?

Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?: I want this PC to require a pin any time it wakes from sleep, restarts, or is shut all the down and starts back up.Right now it is only requiring the pin on wake up from sleep which doesn't make much sense to me....
  5. Need pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need pin: I turned on computer this am and it asking for a pin. I don't have access to the old email on the computer anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-pin/9ce30ca9-ad22-4165-9735-73a8db0ad273
  6. Need pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need pin: I turned on computer this am and it asking for a pin. I don't have access to the old email on the computer anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-pin/9ce30ca9-ad22-4165-9735-73a8db0ad273
  7. Need pin

8. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  9. remove pin after sleep mode.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove pin after sleep mode.: Is there a way to remove the windows 10 2004 version pin after sleep mode. Also, my wifi is slow to start after sleep mode. 159845
  10. after sleep needs passward or pin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    after sleep needs passward or pin: After the PC W10 goes to sleep it requires entering the pin when waked up There is no place to set what happens when sleep wakes up and there used to be a setting...