Windows 10: PIN not working, no other sign-in options

Discus and support PIN not working, no other sign-in options in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My PIN no longer works on my computer, I can’t access any other sign in options. I have completely reset my computer which did literally nothing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by fionnfallon, Dec 26, 2020.

1. PIN not working, no other sign-in options

My PIN no longer works on my computer, I can’t access any other sign in options.

I have completely reset my computer which did literally nothing aside from delete everything of value on my computer.

How can I get into my laptop? All I need is it to ask my password as I know that but it will not accept my PIN

I’m on windows 10

:)

fionnfallon, Dec 26, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

PIN not working, no other sign-in options

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

PIN not working, no other sign-in options

1. PIN not working, no other sign-in options - Similar Threads - PIN working sign

2. unable to use other sign in options besides pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to use other sign in options besides pin: I have been unable to use other options to sign in into my windows 11. I keep getting a error stating "something went wrong. Try again later". I have no updates pending. I have restated my computer multiple times, and nothing seem to work. all the ways to sign in are grayed...
  3. unable to use other sign in options besides pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to use other sign in options besides pin: I have been unable to use other options to sign in into my windows 11. I keep getting a error stating "something went wrong. Try again later". I have no updates pending. I have restated my computer multiple times, and nothing seem to work. all the ways to sign in are grayed...
  4. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.: Hello. I’m having some issues signing into my Windows 11 laptop. When I enter the sign-in screen, it only gives me an option to sign in with my PIN, which I have forgotten. There is no option to sign in with a password, nor does it let me say that I forgot my PIN. How do I...
  5. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.

Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 11, just PIN.: Hello. I’m having some issues signing into my Windows 11 laptop. When I enter the sign-in screen, it only gives me an option to sign in with my PIN, which I have forgotten. There is no option to sign in with a password, nor does it let me say that I forgot my PIN. How do I...
  6. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  7. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  8. sign in options- pin not working

9. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 10, just PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 10, just PIN.: Hello, I'm having problems to log in to my computer today, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall asking for this. I always use password, no PIN. How can I get my password option...
  10. Other sign in options?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other sign in options?: Hi I'm wondering why my pc does not have other sign in options except the photo, password, and pin. I would like to use facial recognition. Anybody who can help me? [ATTACH]...