Windows 10: PIN not working without inputting a school/work email

Discus and support PIN not working without inputting a school/work email in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The PIN input stopped working so Windows told me to reset it. In doing so, the set-up required a work or school email and denied a personal email. By... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CoolerDesert409, Aug 13, 2019.

1. PIN not working without inputting a school/work email

The PIN input stopped working so Windows told me to reset it. In doing so, the set-up required a work or school email and denied a personal email. By not having an organizational email inputted, the set-up process denied me my PIN and now I cant use a PIN. What up with that?

:)

CoolerDesert409, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 13, 2019
  4. ROCKIEBOW Win User

PIN not working without inputting a school/work email

SYNCING EMAILS AND FINDING LOST PIN NUMBER

I cant get my emails to sync because ive lost my 2 step pin number and my windows password doesn't seem to work,but my Microsoft passwords work ok .Any suggestions ?

ROCKIEBOW, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

PIN not working without inputting a school/work email

1. PIN not working without inputting a school/work email - Similar Threads - PIN working without

2. How to sign in without a work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  3. How to sign in without a work or school account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  4. Disconnecting a school/work email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disconnecting a school/work email: Hello,I connected to my school/work email a few months back through Settings > Accounts > Access school or work email. Apparently, the organization controls a lot of my settings, including updates, security, etc. I tried to remove it, and when I click on “Disconnect,” it says...
  5. Disconnecting a school/work email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting a school/work email: Hello,I connected to my school/work email a few months back through Settings > Accounts > Access school or work email. Apparently, the organization controls a lot of my settings, including updates, security, etc. I tried to remove it, and when I click on “Disconnect,” it says...
  6. Disconnecting a school/work email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account

Remove Deactivated Work Or School Email Account: I have an organizational email account that has been deactivated, current guides online say the following:"If you need to remove an account from your PC:Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Access work or school .Select the account you wish to remove, then select...
  8. Trying to change email-flagged as work or school email, but it's not

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to change email-flagged as work or school email, but it's not: I am trying to change my Microsoft log in info from an old address to a new one. When I enter the email address, I get an error message that I cannot use a work or school email. This is neither, its Tutanota. Does anyone know how I can work around this? I'm on with MS help,...
  9. Access work or school & Email accounts

Access work or school & Email accounts: What is the difference in connecting a work or school account under "access work or school" tab in settings vs adding a work or school account under "Email & Accounts">"Accounts used by other apps" tabs in settings. They seem similar, but do they have different end points...
  10. Deleting a "work or school" email account

Deleting a "work or school" email account: I acquired a "work or school" email account to correspond remotely with a business that I was working with. This account was within that business's network. That relationship is no longer active and I want to delete that secondary email account from my PC. I can't figure out...