Windows 10: Pin notebook to Start

Discus and support Pin notebook to Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What does selecting "Pin notebook to start" do in OneNote for Windows 10? When I right-click a notebook tab in OneNote for Windows 10, one option is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by espressoGo, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Pin notebook to Start

What does selecting "Pin notebook to start" do in OneNote for Windows 10? When I right-click a notebook tab in OneNote for Windows 10, one option is "Pin notebook to Start." Does that mean it's pinning a shortcut to that notebook on the Windows 10 Start menu? If I select that option, nothing appears to happen.

:)

espressoGo, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Pit Meinl Win User

How to pin a OneNote notebook to the start screen?

Your answers made me try again.

To pin a OneNote page to the start screen

• use a long tap on the page list and select "pin to start"
    • or from the opened page select the extended menu via "..." and select "pin to start"
    My problem had been that the page I wanted to pin "Shopping" had the same name as its section. In such a case OneNote does not offer to pin.

Notebook

Section

Pages

Tasks

Shopping

Shopping

Drugs

To fix this I renamed the section via my desktop PC.

After this WP8 OneNote refused to sync which the unspecific error "Can't sync".

After closing and reopening the Notebook in WP8 OneNote synced fine and pinning worked.

Pit Meinl, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Pit Meinl Win User

With WP7 one could pin a OneNote notebook (ex: shopping list) to the start screen.

How can we do this with Wp8?

Pit Meinl, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Pin notebook to Start

Not being able to pin a notebook is a frustrating backward step. I use OneNote a lot and was expecting
    more deep linking features in WP8 compared to WP7.

I really hope the removal of this feature (and "pin new to start") is just a stopgap and updates will soon follow.

le squirrel, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Pin notebook to Start

1. Pin notebook to Start - Similar Threads - Pin notebook Start

2. Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook start screen for 20 minutes?: Since 20 min I only see the start screen where acer is standing how does the notebook go 10 days old Notebook seid 20 min in Startbildschirm?
  3. Notebook on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notebook on start menu: On my PC, when i begin typing in the search bar on start, a bar appears on the far left of my screen. There are 3 line cortana then a house home and then a notebook notebook. On my new laptop, when I begin typing, there is no left bar and I have no way of accessing notebook....
  4. microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000, pin number?

microsoft bluetooth notebook mouse 5000, pin number?: my surface pro tablet can find my mouse but will not connect without a pin that I have never known. How can I get the PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-bluetooth-notebook-mouse-5000-pin-number/71b1f711-af52-4525-9503-ca423f38e822
  5. How many notebooks I can pin into my Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many notebooks I can pin into my Start menu?: I was able to pin 4 notebooks from OneNote onto my Start Menu. There's one more notebook I want to pin, but it replaces one of the notebooks that are already on the menu. Does anyone know if Start Menu has limitations on how many notebooks or apps I can apply? Or is this a...
  6. pinning to start

pinning to start: During a recent troubleshooting session for sound a Microsoft tech. had me roll back to a couple weeks before to get it back. After this I lost the ability to save apps to my start page. I can still save to taskbar....
  7. Will a notebook start up normally if the keyboard is faulty?

Will a notebook start up normally if the keyboard is faulty?: A couple months back I replaced the keyboard of my HP Pavilion notebook (as the previous one was having some key problems). I did an "unconventional" replacement, because prior to buying a replacement keyboard, I did not know that HP changed their notebook designs to make the...
  8. Pin to Start

Pin to Start: Before the Anniversary Update I had added a registry key to add a Pin to Start option to the right click Context Menu to allow me to send individual files to the Start Menu. It worked great. After the update, the Pin to Start option disappeared from the Context Menu. The...
  9. Not pinning to start

in Windows 10 Support
    Not pinning to start: The only icon I am having difficulty with is the "control panel" icon. When I click pin to start everything goes as planned except the icon will not appear in start. I have pinned and un-pinned multiple times. I have even tried to drag it over. No luck. I can pin any other...
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...