Windows 10: PIN now missing after latest update

Discus and support PIN now missing after latest update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since latest update, I now get this message when attempting to use my PIN: "Something has happened to your PIN,..."I now have to sign in with "my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kevin33333, May 13, 2022.

1. PIN now missing after latest update

Since latest update, I now get this message when attempting to use my PIN: "Something has happened to your PIN,..."I now have to sign in with "my computer" password

:)

kevin33333, May 13, 2022

2. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Hello not working on HP Envy dv6 after latest update

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

As you have mentioned that after installing latest update for Windows 10 pin and fingerprint recognition no longer functioning, I suggest you to let us know the details of that update after which you started experiencing this issue.

Follow these steps to open the “view update history” screen:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Windows Update.

You will find “view update history” option in the left panel.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 13, 2022
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

PIN now missing after latest update

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, May 13, 2022
Thema:

PIN now missing after latest update

1. PIN now missing after latest update - Similar Threads - PIN missing latest

2. Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing: I was using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 and I really appreciate the Copilot feature. But after installing the latest Windows Updates, now I can't use Copilot any more. No preference entry in taskbar settings, no pop-up window showing up after pressing Windows + C, it's like the...
  3. Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed latest Windows updates and Copilot is now missing: I was using Windows 11 Pro 23H2 and I really appreciate the Copilot feature. But after installing the latest Windows Updates, now I can't use Copilot any more. No preference entry in taskbar settings, no pop-up window showing up after pressing Windows + C, it's like the...
  4. Audio Recordings Now Peaking After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Recordings Now Peaking After Latest Update: I am a voice actor and record in a home studio. I've had no issues with recording until recently. Now everything I record is peaking terribly! I've changed absolutely nothing about my setup - not the microphone, not the mixer, not the software, not the audio drivers,...
  5. Audio Recordings Now Peaking After Latest Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Recordings Now Peaking After Latest Update: I am a voice actor and record in a home studio. I've had no issues with recording until recently. Now everything I record is peaking terribly! I've changed absolutely nothing about my setup - not the microphone, not the mixer, not the software, not the audio drivers,...
  6. PIN now missing after latest update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN now missing after latest update: Since latest update, I now get this message when attempting to use my PIN: "Something has happened to your PIN,..."I now have to sign in with "my computer" password...
  7. PIN now missing after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN now missing after latest update: Since latest update, I now get this message when attempting to use my PIN: "Something has happened to your PIN,..."I now have to sign in with "my computer" password...
  8. Missing files after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files after latest update: I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762 Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what to do? (If anything) I'm pretty worried other stuff is gone too, I have my important...
  9. After Windows 10 Latest update Nvidia is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Windows 10 Latest update Nvidia is missing: NVIDIA Geforce 940MX graphic drivers not working after latest windows 10 update. The option in right click mouse is also missing. I tried these settings in device manager Driver Update, Disable devices & Uninstall device. No change after this. when go to services.msc and...
  10. PIN and password don't work after latest update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN and password don't work after latest update: Automatic update pushed last night. Upon restart I typed the PIN I have used since I bought this computer with Windows 10 a year ago. Message said PIN is incorrect. It is not. It's the same PIN. Tried password. Same message. Changed password on another device. I can log in to...