Windows 10: Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

Discus and support Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When the pin number request pops when starting up my computer, the box where you would put your pin number flashes something and the message incorrect... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilliamWitt77, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

When the pin number request pops when starting up my computer, the box where you would put your pin number flashes something and the message incorrect pin number shows before I enter anything. If I use mouse to click on "try again", same thing happens. If I hit any key on keyboard, it then allows me to enter my pin number.

I ran a virus and malware check and all is well. I ran SFC/SCANNOW which found corrupted files (they were fixed) but this did not fix the problem.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

:)

WilliamWitt77, Aug 10, 2018
  2. RobbyK Win User

Enter PIN number twice every login

After a recent update (not sure which, the first couple times I thought I had entered the pin wrong), I enter my pin number (correctly), and the screen refreshes and I have to reenter the pin, this time the pc accepts it and logs in.

I am making sure that I am entering the pin correctly, but it still won't accept it first time.

Also, and I don't know if it's related or not, but I have an update that won't install. It just says that "unable to install updates undoing changes". Only mentioning it just in case it is relevant.

RobbyK, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Pin Number

So apparently I entered a wrong pin number too many times. So now my computer will not allow me to sign in with it or change it. It suggests to me to restart it, but it still won't allow me to use it or change it. What do I have to do to fix this issue?
    I have a very long password and it saves me so much time to just enter a pin. Somebody HELP? Thank you

AlecsMacLean, Aug 10, 2018
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything

1. Pin number at startup saying wrong number before I enter anything - Similar Threads - Pin number startup

2. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  3. Unable to enter computer pin number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enter computer pin number: I set-up my new computer yesterday and was in the process of adding links today. The new computer closes and logs me out if left unused for more than a couple minutes but was no problem when I opened it and entered my pin number.Today, I am unable to enter my pin number. When...
  4. Everytime I try to log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Everytime I try to log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no...: Everytime I try and log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no where to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-have-entered/93a1f7f4-c162-4496-a4c0-636df3f07797
  5. Everytime I try to log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I try to log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no...: Everytime I try and log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no where to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everytime-i-try-to-log-in-it-says-i-have-entered/93a1f7f4-c162-4496-a4c0-636df3f07797
  6. Everytime I try to log in it says I have entered the incorrect pin number and there is no...

7. No numbers appear when entering log in PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No numbers appear when entering log in PIN: Today when I tried enter my PIN the number nothing appears in the input box. I have tried wireless keyboard numeral keys and num lock keys. and laptop Logged in using my Microsoft account and got wrong password message. Reset password worked including entering numerals for...
  8. Pin Number and Enter

Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  9. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  10. Need to remove pin number at startup.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to remove pin number at startup.: I have a Windows 10 Home pc. I recently got this pc (my second) back from shop. Of course on setup you have to put in a pin number, which I did. And every time you boot Windows you have to put in the pin. I keep reading there is a way that I can remove pin, but "Remove" is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft saying the pin number is incorrect upon startup