Windows 10: Pin on restart

Discus and support Pin on restart in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Dell 15 7000 lap top has a pin set when computer sleeps after 15 minutes. However, after shut down and restart, a pin is NOT required. This is most... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by kennyp70, Nov 15, 2019.

1. kennyp70 Win User

Pin on restart

My Dell 15 7000 lap top has a pin set when computer sleeps after 15 minutes. However, after shut down and restart, a pin is NOT required. This is most important as when away and someone takes my computer, they open the lid and they are in, no pin needed. How to set a pin for restart? Thanks in advance. Ken

:)

kennyp70, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Nov 15, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Pin on restart

PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Pin on restart

1. Pin on restart - Similar Threads - Pin restart

2. I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered: Hello!I needed to restart my computer in safe mode.Ever since I could not log into it.The field I need to enter my pin does not appear.I tried all the available info on the net, neither helped.Thank you for your help...
  3. I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restarted my win 11 computer in safe mode, I could not log in as the PIN cannot be entered: Hello!I needed to restart my computer in safe mode.Ever since I could not log into it.The field I need to enter my pin does not appear.I tried all the available info on the net, neither helped.Thank you for your help...
  4. Getting Error “ Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80090027. Restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Error “ Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80090027. Restart...: I have reset my pin in Laptop and then when I try to login with PIN getting Error message like "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code: 0x80090027" everytime. I have tried restarting the system and that doesn't works. I could not get exact steps to fix issue....
  5. Getting Error “ Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80090027. Restart...

Getting Error “ Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80090027. Restart...: I have reset my pin in Laptop and then when I try to login with PIN getting Error message like "something went wrong and your pin isn't available code: 0x80090027" everytime. I have tried restarting the system and that doesn't works. I could not get exact steps to fix issue....
  6. Why does pin fail on login but work after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does pin fail on login but work after restart: Login with pin works first time after a start. However try and log in after letting laptop sleep get reset pin message at login. Restart and pin works. Win 11 pro Actually get this on 2 separate laptops and users...
  7. Why does pin fail on login but work after restart

Why does pin fail on login but work after restart: Login with pin works first time after a start. However try and log in after letting laptop sleep get reset pin message at login. Restart and pin works. Win 11 pro Actually get this on 2 separate laptops and users...
  8. Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...: from some reason i cant put screen shots so yeah :Hello ,i restarted my computer and after i finished the reset i tried to login into my microsoft account i entered the pin then i got a message that said "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...
  9. Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...

Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...: from some reason i cant put screen shots so yeah :Hello ,i restarted my computer and after i finished the reset i tried to login into my microsoft account i entered the pin then i got a message that said "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile...
  10. Restarted my computer after the reset was completed i entered my pin a message appeared...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging