Windows 10: PIN option is gone

Discus and support PIN option is gone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can no longer use a PIN to sign in. When I try I get an endless loop asking for my PIN... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KathleenDahlstrand, Sep 21, 2018.

1. PIN option is gone

I can no longer use a PIN to sign in. When I try I get an endless loop asking for my PIN

:)

KathleenDahlstrand, Sep 21, 2018

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 21, 2018
  3. Option to pin microsoft edge to taskbar is gone.

Hi William,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Please try the below steps and check.

• From Start Menu right click on Edge.
    • From more option you can see pin to
      taskbar,
      just click on it.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 21, 2018
  4. PIN option is gone

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

PIN option is gone

1. PIN option is gone - Similar Threads - PIN option gone

2. Settings Option is Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Option is Gone: Help! Can someone answer me on how can I fix this? You see only time and language are available in my settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-option-is-gone/38700842-1488-44bb-8624-4e4287159151
  3. PIN does not work and password option gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  4. PIN does not work and password option gone.

PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  5. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  6. Pinned apps gone

Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  7. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Sleep option is gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option is gone: On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  9. Pin sign in is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin sign in is gone: The option to use the PIN has disappeared. I was able to sign in successfully with my PIN until the last update. Now I can only sign in with my password as the options are not there. How do Isign in with pin only like ive always done? And yes I have pin setup already...
  10. Pin Keypad Gone

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin Keypad Gone: I use the 4 digit PIN login for Win 10. In the past, I would get the small 10 digit number keypad when I touched the PIN input box on the logon screen. Lately, on all my devices, the small keypad has been replaced by the full on screen keyboard when I touch the PIN input box...