Windows 10: PIN option not available at lock screen

Discus and support PIN option not available at lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have reset my PIN for several times even with administrator account but PIN option is still not available and I use password to log in which... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ORCHE69, Jun 15, 2019.

1. ORCHE69 Win User

PIN option not available at lock screen

Hello,

I have reset my PIN for several times even with administrator account but PIN option is still not available and I use password to log in which is so anguishing. Please suggest solution.

:)

ORCHE69, Jun 15, 2019

2. Lock screen automatically with password

Hi Kenneth,

To have a better view on this concern, are you referring with Lock Screen timeout? If so, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Sign-in options, click on Lock screen.
    • Go to Screen timeout settings.
    • Change the value under Screen.

Also, no need to create a pin code since you already have your Microsoft account password. You can sign in using your account.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Desiree Yau, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Pin lock screen background

Hi! I'm trying to change the background of the lock screen on my surface pro 3 with windows 10. I can easily change the background of the normal lock screen, the one that can we swiped up. But I'd like to change the lock screen where I have to enter my pin
    or password: I haven't been able to find an option to set it. It keeps showing the dark blue image with blue windows logo on the right. Any suggestion?

MarzioRosolen, Jun 15, 2019
  4. PIN option not available at lock screen

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

PIN option not available at lock screen

1. PIN option not available at lock screen - Similar Threads - PIN option available

2. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  3. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WiFi option and PIN not available win10: When starting my pc it says pin not available, when I click set up my pin it says I need a wifi connection but there is no wifi option only airplane mode which i can't even access. Anyone have solutions for this? btw i'm not able to login. only give solutions which don't...
  4. No WiFi option and PIN not available win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen: I work in the computer lab of a senior center, where we help community members learn about their devices and keep them connected. This has been especially important during the pandemic.I have a member of our center who has forgotten their Windows PIN. Many times over the...
  6. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen: I work in the computer lab of a senior center, where we help community members learn about their devices and keep them connected. This has been especially important during the pandemic.I have a member of our center who has forgotten their Windows PIN. Many times over the...
  7. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot remove PIN - option not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot remove PIN - option not available: I was recently prompted to set up a PIN for my PC which I did and now it asks for it each time, however I want to remove it and go back to password or if I really can't do that then change the PIN. But when I go into settings and look at sign in options it is telling me I...
  9. Lock screen options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen options: Why does my computer keep changing my lock screen pictures from Windows Spotlight to other pictures. Every time I log on it keeps changing that option. I enjoy seeing the nature pics in the Spotlight instead of pictures of random people apparently related to other files in...
  10. Pin option missing from lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin option missing from lock screen: A few days ago when booting up my laptop I lost the option to login using my pin. I've tried resetting this in account settings but when I try to add a new pin it has me login with my password and old pin, then stops running the process. If I click the "forgot pin" option the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin sign in not available on lockscreen

2. pin not available on the lock screen

3. pin lock screen not available