Windows 10: Pin option not working

Discus and support Pin option not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop with Windows 10 recently updated. After this I wasn’t allowed to use my password for login and had to use pin. Everytime I try to do this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexanderMertens, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Pin option not working

My laptop with Windows 10 recently updated. After this I wasn’t allowed to use my password for login and had to use pin. Everytime I try to do this however the pin login timed out.Now I’m locked out of my computer because of to many “failed “ login attempts, when I didn’t even get to enter my pin

:)

AlexanderMertens, Jul 8, 2021

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Pin option not working

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Pin option not working

1. Pin option not working - Similar Threads - Pin option working

2. PIN does not work and password option gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  3. PIN does not work and password option gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN does not work and password option gone.: This morning, I turned on my PC and the login page said "You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." I've never seen this message before. I enter A1B2C3 into the challenge question box, and then I just see an entry box for my PIN. I'm not...
  4. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  5. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in options- pin not working: hello, so first I decided to add my Microsoft acc on my laptop, I added it, at some point, I went to settings and I added a pin, now I can't remove my pin because it says pin unavailable when I open my laptop I sign in with the pin but now I can't remove it, I have a password...
  6. sign in options- pin not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No password option or PIN change option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password option or PIN change option: I just got a new Windows 10 PC, and I don't think my Microsoft account is working correctly on it. My profile picture is not there, whereas on my old PC it is there. Also, my sign-in options screen does not have a password option see picture and pressing the other sign-in...
  8. PIN not working, no other sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN not working, no other sign-in options: My PIN no longer works on my computer, I can’t access any other sign in options. I have completely reset my computer which did literally nothing aside from delete everything of value on my computer. How can I get into my laptop? All I need is it to ask my password as I...
  9. Sign in pin will not work or pgenit.msc will not work to change options..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in pin will not work or pgenit.msc will not work to change options..: Can anyone help me out been having issues with adding a pin.. I feel like my system has been hacked.. please give me some feed back....
  10. No Option to Pin to Start

in Windows 10 Support
    No Option to Pin to Start: Hey guys. no matter what I try, I'm unable to pin to start - this is the standard 10240 build. Win 10 Pro (my desktop) I believe I had the ability to pin in the past but now all of a sudden it just doesn't exist. Even if I drag is shows a circle with a cross through...