Windows 10: PIN option unavailable and cannot open laptop through Windows Hello

Discus and support PIN option unavailable and cannot open laptop through Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently updated my laptop and I tried to log in but I couldn't. I normally use Windows Hello and while I tried to use it, it recognized me as the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jerome24, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Jerome24 Win User

PIN option unavailable and cannot open laptop through Windows Hello

I recently updated my laptop and I tried to log in but I couldn't. I normally use Windows Hello and while I tried to use it, it recognized me as the user but didn't open it and told me to use my PIN. So I tried to use my PIN but the PIN button was not working no matter how many times I clicked on it and it asked me to go to account sign in and fix it. So I managed to sign in using my password but when I went there it said that the PIN is unavailable and that the PIN is unavailable for my organization's resources. can someone please explain to me what is going on and why I cannot create an new

:)

Jerome24, Sep 18, 2021
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Sep 18, 2021
  3. windows hello pin this option is currently unavailable

vwindows hello pin this option is currently unavailable

TECH_HimanshuYT, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. PIN option unavailable and cannot open laptop through Windows Hello - Similar Threads - PIN option unavailable

2. PIN Windows Hello Windows 11 - This option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Windows Hello Windows 11 - This option is currently unavailable: I had an issue on my personal laptop where my organisation required that I change my pin.I ended up removing the PIN and now it says that this option is currently unavailable, try again later. I am unable to set up any Windows Hello sign-in options....
  3. Windows Hello PIN This option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN This option is currently unavailable: Hi, I tried to set up a PIN to sign in to my computer, instead of entering my password every time. But it is telling me the hello pin is currently unavailable. I tried checking for updates, and my Windows is up to date, but that did not help....
  4. Windows Hello Pin is unavailable

Windows Hello Pin is unavailable: After Updating Windows 10 last year, it automatic changed my windows account from local admin to Microsoft account. My pin that I set is gone and I have to use Microsoft password e-mail instead. It is very long when I'm in rush hour. I can't set up my new pin. The Add button...
  5. Windows Hello PIN. This option is currently unavailable.

Windows Hello PIN. This option is currently unavailable.: The option to manage my Windows Hello PIN is not available. When I try to manage it I get the message "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources." I have three email addresses that I use on Outlook. Two are set up as work emails and one is personal. My...
  6. Windows Hello Pin - this option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Pin - this option is currently unavailable: Hi, For logging into the account, I have options for password and PIN both of which works. I would like to remove the PIN option for logging in, but unable to remove the PIN as it's indicated as unavailable on the sign-in options at setting. Could anyone help me with...
  7. windows hello pin this option is currently unavailable

windows hello pin this option is currently unavailable: vwindows hello pin this option is currently unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-this-option-is-currently/b337ce36-5607-4557-a81e-54c23708118d
  8. Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable: Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says This option is currently unavailable and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says...
  9. This option is currently unavailable - Windows Hello Pin

This option is currently unavailable - Windows Hello Pin: Hi , I have a domain joined computer with password policy. But when i try to set a Pin or Fingerprint am getting the error "Option is currently unavailable ". I Tried applying GPO settings for Enable Bio metric from the below....
  10. Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable: Hey all, When I signed in today, my PIN said it needed to be changed because of my organization and in wanting to keep it the same, I searched how to avoid this and the suggestion was to remove your pin and re-add it. I went about doing that, but now I cannot add back the...