Windows 10: PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in

Discus and support PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently purchased and set up Windows 10. I'd like to sign in via password but it always asks for PIN since I initially set it up this way. I'd like... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Luther Blisset, Apr 25, 2020.

1. PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in

I recently purchased and set up Windows 10. I'd like to sign in via password but it always asks for PIN since I initially set it up this way. I'd like to use password as default sign in method. How do I do this?

:)

Luther Blisset, Apr 25, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 25, 2020
  4. PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in

Setting PIN to default without changing password

Hello,

My computer was previously set to a default PIN but that changed suddenly for no apparent reason (I wasn't fooling around in settings or anything security related). I can't get it to revert back to the PIN being the default choice for login. Other forum
    threads suggest removing that password but that is impossible. If you click change, it REQUIRES you to type in a new password and there is no option to remove or delete the password.

Furthermore, I use that password on my other computer rather than the PIN and don't want to delete it in the first place. So how can I set the PIN back to default?

JaclynJames, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in

1. PIN or Password? How to set to default sign in - Similar Threads - PIN Password set

2. How to make PIN as a default sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make PIN as a default sign-in options: My Windows 11 has both password and PIN set up, but the login screen always ask for a password as a default sign-in option. I wanted to use the PIN instead, without manually changing the sign-in options every single time. How? Thanks....
  3. Set password as default sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set password as default sign-in: Hi,I'm looking for a way to set password, not PIN, as default sign-in method. PCs are Azure AD connected.If not by configuration policies then maybe by powershell?Thanks!-Eivind...
  4. Set password as default sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set password as default sign-in: Hi,I'm looking for a way to set password, not PIN, as default sign-in method. PCs are Azure AD connected.If not by configuration policies then maybe by powershell?Thanks!-Eivind...
  5. Set password as default sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  7. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in password and pin: My computer updated last night and wants me to sign in. I forgot my pin and my password. How do I get back in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-password-and-pin/5ff9cbac-335e-4618-a5bc-281448dd790e
  8. sign in password and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Sign in Password, then pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in Password, then pin: Is this possible? > Computer booting from OFF not sleep, require full password. then, > Computer waking from sleep, require pin only. I don't want to use pin all the time because it seems like it's less secure having 4 digits to guess rather than an entire password....
  10. how do I set my default sign in to my pin. It keeps asking for my password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I set my default sign in to my pin. It keeps asking for my password.: I want to use my 4 digit pin to sign in but windows opens by asking for my password. I then have to select the pin option on the lower left of the screen and then enter my pin. Why can't I require windows to ask for the pin at first?...