Windows 10: pin/pass on wake up

Discus and support pin/pass on wake up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Why is it so hard to change the settings for pass/pin need after wake up at least for me On sign in options-> require sign in- it refers us... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yidag, May 11, 2020.

1. yidag Win User

pin/pass on wake up

Hello,

Why is it so hard to change the settings for pass/pin need after wake up at least for me

On sign in options-> require sign in- it refers us to power and sleep settings, but there also there is no setting to change that

I find it one of the very important settings to be able to easilly change, i was in a situation where i wanted to change the setting fast to be able to put the computer to sleep while having a guest which i didnt fully trust, but it took so long to change it

Please change this on windows 10 pro

:)

yidag, May 11, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 11, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 11, 2020
  4. pin/pass on wake up

Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2020
Thema:

pin/pass on wake up

1. pin/pass on wake up - Similar Threads - pin pass wake

2. Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?: I want this PC to require a pin any time it wakes from sleep, restarts, or is shut all the down and starts back up.Right now it is only requiring the pin on wake up from sleep which doesn't make much sense to me....
  3. Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?: I want this PC to require a pin any time it wakes from sleep, restarts, or is shut all the down and starts back up.Right now it is only requiring the pin on wake up from sleep which doesn't make much sense to me....
  4. difficult to wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    difficult to wake up: when i walk away from the pc, it goes into sleep mode.But, to wake it up i have to push the power button followed by banging the keyboard buttons and mouse buttons always been like this its very annoyingI once rang Dell support, they couldnt fix it. told me it needed a new...
  5. Windows isn't asking for pin or pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows isn't asking for pin or pass: Anyone knows why my laptop doesn't ask for pin or fingerprint most of the times when it boots? In settings it says windows hello face unlock isn't working, so detecting face isn't the case....
  6. Windows isn't asking for pin or pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows isn't asking for pin or pass: Anyone knows why my laptop doesn't ask for pin or fingerprint most of the times when it boots? In settings it says windows hello face unlock isn't working, so detecting face isn't the case....
  7. When will Microsoft wake up and get rid of this stupid PIN nonsense.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When will Microsoft wake up and get rid of this stupid PIN nonsense.: I repair computers for a living and for years I have battled with customers telling me that they don't have an email password. I go around in circles explaining to them that all email accounts have a password, now what is yours so I can solve your email issue? Now comes...
  8. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  9. Sleep and Wake up

Sleep and Wake up: I use Windows 10 with latest fixes, my problem is when I put my PC to sleep I touch a key and the system unit wakes up but the screen stays sleeping. Eventually touching the mouse or more keys then makes the system reboot. Any help much appreciated...
  10. Wake Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake Up: How do I wake up Windows 10 if it goes into Hibernate or sleep after a period of in activity*Zip 41209