Windows 10: Pin, Password Required to log on

Discus and support Pin, Password Required to log on in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RLCFW, Nov 14, 2019.

1. RLCFW Win User

Pin, Password Required to log on

I have the requirement for password or pin disabled but everytime I log in I have to put in one or the other. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I have been unable to find anyone who has addressed this issue online.

:)

RLCFW, Nov 14, 2019

2. Log in requires password

Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in.

I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...."

There are no other users shown in the listing.

I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator account.

Also on restart the lock screen shows - pretty picture and no taskbar. I have to press spacebar to release that and then it shows my account and requires a password input.

carrotmuseum, Nov 14, 2019
  3. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Pin, Password Required to log on [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Dani Pun Win User

Windows 10 password pin stopped working

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Are you able to start up your device up to the desktop screen?
    • After doing the password reset, what error message are you getting?
    • Are you able to log in to your account using a password instead of a pin?

In the meantime, if you are able to start up your device up to the desktop screen you may follow the steps to Remove Pin:

Go to Settings.

Under Accounts, click on Sign in options and select
    Remove PIN.

After removing your PIN (this will require your password to do this), then you may click
    Add PIN. Follow the steps to add a PIN.

NOTE: You may use the same PIN you have been using.

After doing so, log out of your account and sign back in using your PIN.

Let us know how it works.

Dani Pun, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Pin, Password Required to log on - Similar Threads - Pin Password Required

2. Pin is unavaible and required to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin is unavaible and required to log in: When I turn my computer on it now requires a pin to log in to the computer, yet after log in I go into setting to change the pin and it tells me the pin option is unavailable. It is requiring a pin to log in and then telling me the pin option to log in is unavailable on this...
  3. Pin is unavaible and required to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin is unavaible and required to log in: When I turn my computer on it now requires a pin to log in to the computer, yet after log in I go into setting to change the pin and it tells me the pin option is unavailable. It is requiring a pin to log in and then telling me the pin option to log in is unavailable on this...
  4. PIN required at every log-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  5. PIN required at every log-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN required at every log-in: I am now required to do both a PIN and a fingerpirint recognition log in every time I unlock? It was previously just a fingerprint - what has changed and how do I get it back?...
  6. Password and Pin log-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  7. remove log on password requirements.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...
  8. Log in requires password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Log in requires password: Since a recent update the PC now requires a password to log in. I have tried Windows Key - netplwiz and unchecked "users must use password...." There are no other users shown in the listing. I use my Windows account as my log in which is also the administrator...
  9. Why log in password not required

Why log in password not required: I do not require a login password on my Win10, but when I look at my User Accounts I see the box checked that says User must use a password. How can this be? [img] I upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and did not use a password in Win7. How did I get from there to here? 62374
  10. Password required to log on pc

Password required to log on pc: Hi I have been using windows 10 for twelve months and have subscribed to automatic updates. I use outlook.com for emails and the windows 10/ outlook calendar which is also accesible on my iPhone. Just recently, when starting up my PC, I have a new start up screen that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 use password instead of pin