Windows 10: PIN problems - can't change it

Discus and support PIN problems - can't change it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I don't remember my PIN, so I clicked "Forgot PIN" and went through the verification process with my username and password. Every time I try this I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JDW_31, Feb 7, 2019.

1. JDW_31 Win User

PIN problems - can't change it

I don't remember my PIN, so I clicked "Forgot PIN" and went through the verification process with my username and password. Every time I try this I get an error message that says "Oops! Something went wrong. Try again later."

It's later, and I've tried again and again. What gives?

:)

JDW_31, Feb 7, 2019

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 7, 2019
  4. PIN problems - can't change it

Problem Changing PIN or Hitting forgot my PIN

Hi Christian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• When was the Pin created?

Are you able to sign in with your Pin? If you are unable to I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion from Jessen P replied on April 25, 2015 and check if that helps.

Unable to sign in with my PIN in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Hope this helps, if the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

PIN problems - can't change it

1. PIN problems - can't change it - Similar Threads - PIN problems can't

2. PIN not available and can't change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not available and can't change?: Hi,Windows 11.I turned on my daughter's laptop and was presented with a message informing me that the PIN wasn't available and to click "Set up my PIN". When I click this, it generates a window advising me to search for an app in the store, when I click "Yes", it just returns...
  3. PIN not available and can't change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN not available and can't change?: Hi,Windows 11.I turned on my daughter's laptop and was presented with a message informing me that the PIN wasn't available and to click "Set up my PIN". When I click this, it generates a window advising me to search for an app in the store, when I click "Yes", it just returns...
  4. Can't change PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change PIN: Hello, i can't change my PIN because of this ****: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pin/342c8b02-2d8c-46b6-9775-9169828416ff
  5. Can't change PIN

Can't change PIN: Hello, i can't change my PIN because of this ****: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-pin/342c8b02-2d8c-46b6-9775-9169828416ff
  6. Can't change pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change pin.: Hello, I've been trying to log on to my pc for a few hours now, but whenever i try to, it says that my pin is unavailable. Theres an option under underneath to reset it but when I press it to just doesn't work. I've tried restarting, signing out and stuff but nothing is...
  7. Can't change pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change pin.: Hello, I've been trying to log on to my pc for a few hours now, but whenever i try to, it says that my pin is unavailable. Theres an option under underneath to reset it but when I press it to just doesn't work. I've tried restarting, signing out and stuff but nothing is...
  8. Can't change pin.

9. Can't change login PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change login PIN: I want to change my login PIN before I send my laptop back to the office for another user. I went to Settings > Account > Sign-In Options and Windows Hello Pin is listed as currently unavailable. I read a lot of post on this community and have tried with no luck. I am...
  10. Can't change PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change PIN: Hi I recently got the message 'your organisation requires you to change your PIN', which i thought was very weird but i did so since i couldn't access my laptop otherwise. Now i want to change my PIN back but when i go to my account settings i only see 'this option is...