Windows 10: Pin problems logging to a different PC

Discus and support Pin problems logging to a different PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Good morning I have issues logging on to a different PC since you get texted a code to your phone and I had my phone number changed to a different... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Esmeralda Serna, May 7, 2020.

1. Pin problems logging to a different PC

Good morning

I have issues logging on to a different PC since you get texted a code to your phone and I had my phone number changed to a different one

Thanks

:)

Esmeralda Serna, May 7, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, May 7, 2020
  3. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 7, 2020
  4. Pin problems logging to a different PC

Is it possible to pin different apps on a taskbar on different virtual desktops in Windows 10?

Hi,

You can personalize the desktop of two computers by pinning the apps, documents and other programs to the taskbar.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you referring to dual screen desktop feature of the computer?
    • Do you want to personalize two different PC taskbars?

You can differ personalizing taskbar applications on different computers. You can either pin the same or differ the applications, programs or games on the computer taskbar according to the necessity.

To pin the apps to taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Click on Windows logo key on the keyboard to open
      Start menu
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to taskbar option from the context menu.
    • Close the window and check if the app is pinned to taskbar.

Refer to Get Started with Windows 10 Love it? Pin it and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of pinning apps to taskbar on two desktops in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Pin problems logging to a different PC

1. Pin problems logging to a different PC - Similar Threads - Pin problems logging

2. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't logging in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  3. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't logging in to my pc with pin.: "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in on this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with your PIN."So I can't unlock my Device 1 desktop. I know the pin I normally use but I'm not allowed to use it until i use my password on...
  4. Can't logging in to my pc with pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  6. Password to PIN change for log in to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password to PIN change for log in to pc: I had my PC to log in with PIN, this has now changed to password and I cannot change it back to PIN in settings. Also I had another family member on my account child and he is unable to log in with either password or pin previously PIN and forgot password function is not...
  7. pin log in not available no pc access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin log in not available no pc access: my pc will not allow pin log in its asking to set up pin through app but this dosnt load how do i access my pc[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in-not-available-no-pc-access/e357bee1-04b0-4ad2-bd91-5744447aa16d
  8. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  9. Need a PIN to access store on a different PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Need a PIN to access store on a different PC: Hi there, Just bought Minecraft to use on my PC through my Microsoft account but also want to load Minecraft on my wife's PC so our son can play there when I'm using my machine. So.. on my wife's PC, I opened the Msft Store web page, closed my wife's session, tried to...
  10. Windows 10 pin log on problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pin log on problem: Windows does not accept pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pin-log-on-problem/6431eb40-112c-485c-8006-9e17766e2ad7