Windows 10: Pin program to taskbar acts weird

Discus and support Pin program to taskbar acts weird in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pinned a program to the taskbar, however, it doesn't stay minimized in a way that upon clicking on it it opens back up. I am attaching a screenshot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EBFH, Jul 12, 2020.

1. EBFH Win User

Pin program to taskbar acts weird

I pinned a program to the taskbar, however, it doesn't stay minimized in a way that upon clicking on it it opens back up.
    I am attaching a screenshot.
    I need to actually right-click on its icon in the taskbar and then click on its name in order to open it.
    Usually icons of programs pinned in the taskbar will have thin blue line underneath which marks it is running.
    I tried all settings in the program itself but none seems to work, so I am wondering if is a Windows issue

:)

2. kreed66 Win User

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Pinning programs to the taskbar

When I pin a program to the taskbar, it does it correctly and the icon is visible and clickable. However, when I click the icon to run the program, the program opens but two icons now become visible on the taskbar: the original pinned program and the
    running program. It does this with Firefox, Musicbee, and almost all of the programs that I pin. Does anyone have a possible solution to this?

BenjaminKitchens, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Pin program to taskbar acts weird

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Pin program to taskbar acts weird :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Pin program to taskbar acts weird

1. Pin program to taskbar acts weird - Similar Threads - Pin program taskbar

2. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  3. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar acting weird: Hi,My taskbar is acting weird. I don't know how else to name my problem. So, usually when we move the mouse on top of an icon on the taskbar applications that are open it shows the window in a small box right? So my problem is when I move my mouse on top of an icon the small...
  4. Taskbar acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor

Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor: I have 3 monitors, 2 of them run at 144hz and one with the problem is a huion kamvas pro 16 with 60hz refresh rate. Everything is working perfectly then suddenly I notice the taskbar in the huion have a darker color compared to the other 2 monitors, which never happen before...
  6. Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor: I have 3 monitors, 2 of them run at 144hz and one with the problem is a huion kamvas pro 16 with 60hz refresh rate. Everything is working perfectly then suddenly I notice the taskbar in the huion have a darker color compared to the other 2 monitors, which never happen before...
  7. Taskbar acting weird with a third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Touchpad acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad acts weird: Hi so my touchpad has been acting pretty weird after opening it a few hours ago video since i cant post hereI tried restarting and it didn't work. Can you please help me i am about to lose my mind not really but you get the pointTHANKI use Synaptics SMBus Clickpad on Windows...
  9. Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird

Taskbar Thumbnail Preview Acting Weird: Hi, I'm a minor that just wanted to know what was going on. My operating system is Windows 10 Home. Usually, when you scroll your cursor over a taskbar icon, it shows a little picture, or thumbnail, of what it is if it's open. My problem is that sometimes, when I do this,...
  10. A Program's display acts weird

A Program's display acts weird: It might be a compatibility issue, however, I tried all options/settings in it but the problem persists See the attached. This happens when I choose the Print option from within the program The font size in the Printers list is extremely small and can make one go blind Also...